Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

3 hours ago, Bailey7878 said:

Amazing what a stud coach can do.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

He could be the greatest coach alive but no way he accomplishes anything without the whole team buying into the system he is running

Kentucky offered Calipari a lifetime contract today. UCLA has offered 6 years 48 million. About 2 million less per year than his Kentucky salary and a lot more costly in LA to live. They need to raise that a little bit and maybe he will just take the bait.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

He actually did change with the Charlie Miller, Neill Reed, Andre Patterson class. Dakich mentioned this awhile back. With that class the assistants had been encouraging him to expand recruiting nationally and he had been resistant. If I remember correctly his reluctance had more to do with his desire not to have to travel far to recruit.

That class was a far more national class than what he traditionally had and they had success but they did miss the FF. I think that had more to do with RMK than the approach but I think regional kids knew more about what to expect than the national kids did.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I'm still waiting for Charlie Miller to reach his potential. I was 9 or 10 and kept thinking he was going to be awesome. He teased just enough to be extremely disappointing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Joe DeLow said:

Indiana’s culture? Is that being mediocre? Because that’s what we have been for 25 years.

This is the "College Basketball" thread, not the "Why I think IU is a Crappy Program" thread.

Quoted Directly From the Forum Guidelines:

• Thread Derailment – This rule is about not posting in threads that have nothing to do with the topic, intended to take away from the point of the thread. If a thread is about IU Basketball, do not turn it into a crying match about your favorite baseball team. It’s simple to follow, so keep threads on point!

So, please let this be an official, public notice that thread derailing will not be permitted. And those who give a "like" to thread derailing posts that bash IU? That's not a good idea either.

Thanks guys!  :) 

21 minutes ago, Hoosier1984 said:

Kentucky offered Calipari a lifetime contract today. UCLA has offered 6 years 48 million. About 2 million less per year than his Kentucky salary and a lot more costly in LA to live. They need to raise that a little bit and maybe he will just take the bait.

At 8 mil/year he could afford LA.

25 minutes ago, Hoosier1984 said:

Cash Cal perfectly leverages going to UCLA for even more $$$ from two-tooth nation.

2 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

Horton-Tucker is hiring an agent and entering the draft. He played at Iowa St

Wow. Seems awfully premature. Other than overpowering smaller guards with his bulk strength and being really young, not sure what there is to be super excited about here. Hope he can maintain eligibility.

Why even bother offering if you are going to be under?

58 minutes ago, Hoosier1984 said:

I saw that earlier as well and then considered what today is so is it true or just an April Fool?

They’ll have to give him 10 million a year to leave Kentucky. And Calipari would be an idiot to leave. But I’d like to see it. The West Coast needs another team outside of Gonzaga.

I’m ready for the one and done rule to end. Is anyone else? College basketball is going to change. You’ll likely see all of the top 10 players in the country skipping college. Once all NBA team have a G-League affiliate, you’ll see even more skipping college to play for 100k a year there. Might be safe to say that the Top 25(basically every 5 star) will skip college. Where maybe #26 is your “#1 recruit.” You’ll have a lot more kids staying 3-4 years as the want for top HS players will be at an all time high and there being little room for kids to really leave school early. We will see an NBA draft lottery with a majority of HS graduates soon and a Kentucky team with a majority of 3-4 year players for the first time in over a decade.

28 minutes ago, Joe DeLow said:

I’m ready for the one and done rule to end. Is anyone else? College basketball is going to change. You’ll likely see all of the top 10 players in the country skipping college. Once all NBA team have a G-League affiliate, you’ll see even more skipping college to play for 100k a year there. Might be safe to say that the Top 25(basically every 5 star) will skip college. Where maybe #26 is your “#1 recruit.” You’ll have a lot more kids staying 3-4 years as the want for top HS players will be at an all time high and there being little room for kids to really leave school early. We will see an NBA draft lottery with a majority of HS graduates soon and a Kentucky team with a majority of 3-4 year players for the first time in over a decade.

We're not going to see an NBA draft lottery with a majority of high school graduates. We never saw it when they let kids come straight from high school before. Not even close. A handful of players would get drafted from high school every year, but that's it. NBA teams aren't going to use lottery picks on high school kids unless they're someone like Zion. 

He could be the greatest coach alive but no way he accomplishes anything without the whole team buying into the system he is running
Never said that. Just saying an average coach could not do it.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk