Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

2 minutes ago, BlueDevil2aHoosier said:

Yeah, yeah. This one is gonna hurt for awhile.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

The one and done model that K and Cal are using doesn’t win at a high enough level consistently enough. There is a reason only 2 teams have won it all that way. With the window closing on this model, Duke needs to focus on getting some guys who stick around. If not, you will get stuck with a team that is super young, less talented, and likely a coach not named K come 2022. 

The one and done model that K and Cal are using doesn’t win at a high enough level consistently enough. There is a reason only 2 teams have won it all that way. With the window closing on this model, Duke needs to focus on getting some guys who stick around. If not, you will get stuck with a team that is super young, less talented, and likely a coach not named K come 2022. 

I hear you and agree to an extent. He gets those guys BUT these 7-8 man rotations with a bunch of freshmen get old. Duke wins a lot of games but your AOC, Joey Baker, Goldwire guys that also get brought in don’t see a lot of time and either fall further deeper into purgatory by being recruited over or just transfer out. I’d like to see a happy medium with some serious upperclassman leadership (2015 with Quinn Cook, Amile Jefferson, Plumlee). If you’re gonna do 1 and done you HAVE to have upperclassman leadership, basically as you just stated. It’s tough man.

28 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Every time I watched Auburn this year I couldn’t help but hum that song to myself. Admittedly, I never even thought about it in that context. Yikes. 

What an awesome day! So who do I want to win....the options

1. MSU because of conference and IU beat them twice.

2. Va to rub salt in UNC and Dook wounds

3. Texas Tech with Knight disciple

4. Auburn and the embarrassment to the corrupt NCAA if the title gets vacated.

Sooooo many good options.

Lol you right on that. We both hate UVA. Love to see Auburn and Texas Tech Final. First time winner.

I’ll take Texas Tech and Auburn. If anyone thinks Pearl shouldn’t be coaching because he cheated... then Izzo should be out as well.

I hear you and agree to an extent. He gets those guys BUT these 7-8 man rotations with a bunch of freshmen get old. Duke wins a lot of games but your AOC, Joey Baker, Goldwire guys that also get brought in don’t see a lot of time and either fall further deeper into purgatory by being recruited over or just transfer out. I’d like to see a happy medium with some serious upperclassman leadership (2015 with Quinn Cook, Amile Jefferson, Plumlee). If you’re gonna do 1 and done you HAVE to have upperclassman leadership, basically as you just stated. It’s tough man.

Kentucky could be set up really well for that next year as they'll have Quickley, Montgomery, and possibly Hagans and Herro back with a top class coming in. That's how they won Cal's only championship. That team had multiple sophomores who hadn't been quite good enough to declare as freshman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

I'm hoping to see Virginia/TT

Would love this. Have an ongoing argument with an old friend on who’s a better player, Jarrett Culver or De’Andre Hunter.

Such a better coach? He’s 2-11 against K all time. They did a good job of forcing turnovers. Made it difficult as hell to get the ball inside. Great game plan and hats off to MSU.

Yes, probably an overreaction, although I'd still take Izzo over K if the rosters were the same. I've been really underwhelmed with the job K has done toward the end of this year. Great season record, but that's almost wholly attributable to having the best college player since at least Durant. This was the third straight game he got outcoached, but their luck ran out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk