Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

26 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Man I don’t see anyone left that is beating Duke.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Other than the first few minutes their defense has looked awfully good.

EDIT: other than the first few minutes and last 6 minutes....LOL

So now the Final Four consist of Virginia who hasn’t been to the Final Four since like 84’, Auburn who has never been and Texas Tech who has never been. By the way, Beard has now lead Texas Tech to their only two Elite 8’s and only Final Four in program history. And 2 of their now 7 trips to the S16.

Just now, TheWatShot said:

The basketball gods spared us this weekend. I consider this their warning. If we don't get our sh*t together soon, we will someday be forced to see both UK and Purdue in the Final Four.

Purdue, Duke, Kentucky and Steve Alfords new team

Just now, TheWatShot said:

The basketball gods spared us this weekend. I consider this their warning. If we don't get our sh*t together soon, we will someday be forced to see both UK and Purdue in the Final Four.

The administration should heed the warning.  They won't though.

So now the Final Four consist of Virginia who hasn’t been to the Final Four since like 84’, Auburn who has never been and Texas Tech who has never been. By the way, Beard has now lead Texas Tech to their only two Elite 8’s and only Final Four in program history. And 2 of their now 7 trips to the S16.

They had 8 tournament wins in program history before he arrived. In 2 years he has 7 tournament wins. They got a good one. If I’m Tech I offer a lifetime contract

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Man, coaching is really easy. The announcers said Izzo told the team, during their timeout, “now we are going on a run” and they came out and went on a 13-0 run. Maybe Archie should have just said “let’s score more than them”. 

Funny thing about that in the game against IU in Bloomington he said the same thing in the huddle. IU went on their run now it’s our time to go on our run. And then they went on a 10-0 run lol

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 minutes ago, Deserthoozier said:

Ok Puh-lease explain how we beat MSU.....TWICE!!!

Effort, effort, effort. The team playing with passion. The 2nd game Justin Smith played above the rest of his season.