Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

1 hour ago, Joe DeLow said:

Would they really care if Romeo returned? We might make the NCAA tourney while they’d be national title contenders.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Their last final 4 immediately followed an NIT 2nd place. Of course IU was the NIT 1st place and it took us an extra year to win it all.

They will continue to be better as long as Painter is there!! He out coached all of his counterparts in the tournament, UVA got very lucky!

UVA got lucky that C. Edwards finally missed a contested 3? Great coaching to take the ball out of the one player that can create his on shot.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

7 hours ago, Bailey7878 said:

Well i think painter was going to go to iu until ww took leary.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Painter was at PU the same time I was at IU. ... I hadn't heard that story, but I do recall hearing that Painter grew up a pretty big IU fan. ... I remember watching Painter play at PU. He was smart, tough and a pretty decent shooter -- he was just painfully slow and lacked quickness.

Painter was at PU the same time I was at IU. ... I hadn't heard that story, but I do recall hearing that Painter grew up a pretty big IU fan. ... I remember watching Painter play at IU. He was smart, tough and a pretty decent shooter -- he was just painfully slow and lacked quickness.

The story was the last grant was between painter and Leary. But iu took leary to get montross. I cant remember where i heard that now though.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

They will continue to be better as long as Painter is there!! He out coached all of his counterparts in the tournament, UVA got very lucky!

That’s two games in a row at the end of the game he took the ball out of the hot players hand. Outcoached? No.

Did you watch the OSU game? 8-10 on 3s. He's not as good as Edwards, but he can get it going like nobody else on the team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did, which is why I agree that he’s the one on the team most capable of going off. But I also watched far too many cold spells and terrible shots.

I’m interested to see him play next season. He probably has the highest potential to be the leading scorer on next year’s roster, and he also has the potential to play selfishly and hurt us.

46 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

I'd love to see Auburn win today, but with Okeke injured, I don't think they have much of a shot. That would be extremely impressive to beat Kansas, UNC and UK in consecutive games.

It's too bad Okeke got injured, as Auburn has been probably the most impressive team in the whole tournament this far.  Texas Tech a very close 2nd place though.

Teams that have played in a Final Four since Purdue last made it:

Virginia

LSU

North Carolina

Indiana

Georgetown

Louisville

Houston

NC State

Georgia

Kentucky

Villanova

Memphis*

St. John's

Duke

Kansas

Syracuse

UNLV

Providence

Oklahoma

Arizona

Michigan

Seton Hall

Illinois

Arkansas

Georgia Tech

Cincinnati

Florida

UCLA

Oklahoma State

Massachusetts*

Mississippi State

Minnesota*

Utah

Stanford

UConn

Michigan State

Ohio State

Wisconsin

Maryland

Texas

Marquette

George Mason

Butler

West Virginia

VCU

Wichita State

Gonzaga

Oregon

South Carolina

Loyola-Chicago

Texas Tech

51 programs, 48 if you remove Minnesota, Memphis and UMass, who had their only appearances vacated (our good buddy to the south just happened to coach two of them). Auburn would join the list if they win today.

Just now, TheWatShot said:

Virginia

LSU

North Carolina

Indiana

Georgetown

Louisville

Houston

NC State

Georgia

Kentucky

Villanova

Memphis*

St. John's

Duke

Kansas

Syracuse

UNLV

Providence

Oklahoma

Arizona

Michigan

Seton Hall

Illinois

Arkansas

Georgia Tech

Cincinnati

Florida

UCLA

Oklahoma State

Massachusetts*

Mississippi State

Minnesota*

Utah

Stanford

UConn

Michigan State

Ohio State

Wisconsin

Maryland

Texas

Marquette

George Mason

Butler

West Virginia

VCU

Wichita State

Gonzaga

Oregon

South Carolina

Loyola-Chicago

Texas Tech

51 programs, 48 if you remove Minnesota, Memphis and UMass, who had their only appearances vacated (our good buddy to the south just happened to coach two of them). Auburn would join the list if they win today.

That’s roughly 14 percent of teams eligible for the tourney.  Considering the majority of teams eligible for the tourney have never won a tourney game. This is pretty sad

12 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Virginia

LSU

North Carolina

Indiana

Georgetown

Louisville

Houston

NC State

Georgia

Kentucky

Villanova

Memphis*

St. John's

Duke

Kansas

Syracuse

UNLV

Providence

Oklahoma

Arizona

Michigan

Seton Hall

Illinois

Arkansas

Georgia Tech

Cincinnati

Florida

UCLA

Oklahoma State

Massachusetts*

Mississippi State

Minnesota*

Utah

Stanford

UConn

Michigan State

Ohio State

Wisconsin

Maryland

Texas

Marquette

George Mason

Butler

West Virginia

VCU

Wichita State

Gonzaga

Oregon

South Carolina

Loyola-Chicago

Texas Tech

Indiana has won two titles and have been to four final fours since Purdue last went to one :)