Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

1 minute ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

Unfortunately he’s even more prone to cold streaks and never gets as hot as what we just witnessed.

You’re totally right though.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

The DeVonte Green I saw in March as our SG playing alongside Phinisee was pretty damn consistently dynamic- right about at the level of some of the guys on the big stage this week.

3 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

Unfortunately he’s even more prone to cold streaks and never gets as hot as what we just witnessed.

IDK that shooting against OSU was fantastic. And once Phinisee came back healthy his shooting was consistently decent not truly horrid any single game. 

3 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

I do wish that DeVonte would try the blow by more often and less of the flop shots when he gets toward the rim.  I'd love to see Carson's shot chart.....I'm sure almost all of his makes were threes or layups.  Simply put, he doesn't have many 5 to 15 foot shots.

Just now, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I was on the right side of the Edwards debate. But Purdue, overall as a team, was much better than I expected. WAY better.

Thrilled UVA beat them.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Absolutely on both counts- I was arguing in Nov that PU would be mid-level B1G and a probably not make the tourney.  I was wrong. I don't think Painter is an elite coach, but did a great job with this group. Pretty sure after Edwards leaves (hopefully now) they'll fall back to mediocrity, but they do have some pieces. 

Absolutely on both counts- I was arguing in Nov that PU would be mid-level B1G and a probably not make the tourney.  I was wrong. I don't think Painter is an elite coach, but did a great job with this group. Pretty sure after Edwards leaves (hopefully now) they'll fall back to mediocrity, but they do have some pieces. 

Brandon Newman will eventually be a player we won’t be happy we missed/didn’t take.

Yeah, losing Cline and Edwards will set them back for sure.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

3 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

IDK that shooting against OSU was fantastic. And once Phinisee came back healthy his shooting was consistently decent not truly horrid any single game. 

That six game string from Michigan State through Arkansas he was 33 of 61 from the floor overall and 21 of 38 from three.  Also averaged 4 rebounds and a 2 to 1 assist to turnover ratio.  Considering how stagnant our offense was at times, there are worse things that letting him go one-on-one occasionally for good or bad.

1 minute ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Brandon Newman will eventually be a player we won’t be happy we missed/didn’t take.

Yeah, losing Cline and Edwards will set them back for sure.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

I've seen Brandon Newman play quite a bit in high school.  And you are correct.  Has a very Greg Graham-like game.

1 minute ago, brumdog45 said:

That six game string from Michigan State through Arkansas he was 33 of 61 from the floor overall and 21 of 38 from three.  Also averaged 4 rebounds and a 2 to 1 assist to turnover ratio.  Considering how stagnant our offense was at times, there are worse things that letting him go one-on-one occasionally for good or bad.

Wow. I was just singing his praises but I didn’t know he was THAT good in March.

Did you watch the OSU game? 8-10 on 3s. He's not as good as Edwards, but he can get it going like nobody else on the team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As much as I can't stand the PUs, I have to admit: Painter seems like a pretty good dude. And Bennett's top-notch, too. 
So we go from all class tonight to all trash (Pearl, Calipari) tomorrow. 
Well i think painter was going to go to iu until ww took leary.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Just now, brumdog45 said:

BTW, I believe Carson Edwards sat a total of one minute in the tournament.  And with the two overtimes they played, that means he played 169 minutes in four games.

What true studs do.  I always said he was a fine player but don’t think he was POY

2 minutes ago, RealIU said:

They will continue to be better as long as Painter is there!! He out coached all of his counterparts in the tournament, UVA got very lucky!

It's not hard to "out-coach" somebody when your offense is letting your best player keep throwing up 30 footers and nailing them.