Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Remember when people on this site said that Purdue wasn’t good and Carson Edwards wasn’t deserving of B1G POY? Yeah.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I am included in this group, as I felt (at the time) that he had several games where he didn’t show that this year. But credit where it’s due...in the tournament, where it matters most...wow.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Remember when people on this site said that Purdue wasn’t good and Carson Edwards wasn’t deserving of B1G POY? Yeah.

To be fair he wasn’t deserving of Big Ten POY. I said he would shoot them in and out of a game. He got hot in the tourney and had 4 great games.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Carsen will be a great NBA player because he can shoot but he can't pass.

Sorry. Normally I'm more mature than that. But puck Furdue and the horse it rode in on. Forever.

Don't hold this one against me.

4 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

I mean at that point in time he was pretty horrid from the field and was behind Cassius Winston in almost every category. 

Had a great tournament though, no question. 

7 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

I’d stand by the Edwards part of that;; Edwards was under 40% fg and had more tos than assists in B1G play.

However; Edwards WAS most certainly on his way to being the MVP of the whole freakin NCAA tourney.

Chuckster making a good point; UVA screwed up by almost letting one player beat them.

To be fair, I agreed with Clark Kellogg that UVA threw some double teams at Edwards and I thought hedged him pretty tight. Edwards was just unconscious.

And no other player for PU scores more than 7 points. Yikes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edwards had some incredible games in the tournament and Cline had one himself against Tennessee.  He nearly (and if Cline hits his last free throw, would have) defeated Virginia without much help.

Funniest line of the day though was late in regulation when Chris Webber said that Edwards was "carrying them offensively and getting other people involved too".

Ummmmmm.....he had zero assists.  I'm not criticizing him for that because he was flat out nasty on offense, but who exactly did he get invovled?

Edwards had some incredible games in the tournament and Cline had one himself against Tennessee.  He nearly (and if Cline hits his last free throw, would have) defeated Virginia without much help.
Funniest line of the day though was late in regulation when Chris Webber said that Edwards was "carrying them offensively and getting other people involved too".
Ummmmmm.....he had zero assists.  I'm not criticizing him for that because he was flat out nasty on offense, but who exactly did he get invovled?

It is Chris Webber. He’s an idiot.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app