Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

My in-laws are in town. Naturally I went to the gym for a break. I'm warming up on the basketball court and there's some 25 year old kid with man-**** on the free throw line practicing his behind the back pre-shot routine like Carsen. Nauseating.

And so in what way does this prove Nebraska is more serious than Indiana? Hoiberg was also just fired by the Bulls, so...

I’m sure he’ll be a good coach. Nebraska is going to be a tough sell for anyone in my mind. We’ll see.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Any coach was going to get fired with that Bulls team. Pitino got fired from the NBA too. Great coach. Cal got fired as well. Great coach. A college coach getting fired in the NBA doesn’t mean much when it comes to college basketball. Completely different worlds. Nebraska is ready to win in basketball. They are proving that. They felt they had a good enough team to easily make the NCAA tourney this year and ended up not being good. They obviously could have thought, “well this is Nebraska so this is the best we will do” but instead put on their big boy pants and went out to hire a coach who proved at Iowa State that he could win in the middle of nowhere with Transfers at a school that’s never done anything. People will have to give him a couple years. I don’t think Miles left Nebraska in a bad place when it comes to culture of hard work and hard play. I don’t think they will be great, but I think if Hoiberg is serious about being a great CBB coach, they can be a consistent 19+ win team. As of right now, Big Ten is open in the middle as to who can claim a spot as a consistent winner.

Any coach was going to get fired with that Bulls team. Pitino got fired from the NBA too. Great coach. Cal got fired as well. Great coach. A college coach getting fired in the NBA doesn’t mean much when it comes to college basketball. Completely different worlds. Nebraska is ready to win in basketball. They are proving that. They felt they had a good enough team to easily make the NCAA tourney this year and ended up not being good. They obviously could have thought, “well this is Nebraska so this is the best we will do” but instead put on their big boy pants and went out to hire a coach who proved at Iowa State that he could win in the middle of nowhere with Transfers at a school that’s never done anything. People will have to give him a couple years. I don’t think Miles left Nebraska in a bad place when it comes to culture of hard work and hard play. I don’t think they will be great, but I think if Hoiberg is serious about being a great CBB coach, they can be a consistent 19+ win team. As of right now, Big Ten is open in the middle as to who can claim a spot as a consistent winner.

Nothing about any of this tells Nebraska is more serious than Indiana. Indiana went out and got their man as well, hence the $3+ million salary.

Nothing about any of this tells Nebraska is more serious than Indiana. Indiana went out and got their man as well, hence the $3+ million salary.

They went out and got someone who was successful at Dayton. They went out and got someone who has been successful at Iowa State and in the Big 12.

1 hour ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

Indiana went out and got one of the small handful of most promising and exciting young coaches in the game. Don’t try to rewrite the narrative. College basketball coaches and experts believe in Archie. I’m more inclined to trust their opinion than professional keyboardists.

A lot of those 'experts' believed in Tom Crean too.  They can very much be wrong.