Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Virginia looking like crap again. What does Tony Bennett do (or not do) that makes these guys so tense in tournament games?

I still think it’s solely off their style of play. Doesn’t translate to post season success and I’ve been killed before on here for it.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Hook and hold?

Check out @dandakich’s Tweet:
[/url]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Initially, I also called for an H+H review. The more I watched the replays however, I don’t think there was any intent to deceive the officials and it would have been difficult to say which player got the worst of it. For me, I say play on, with one caveat. Should it have been reviewed? Probably. If you are going to make a thing a point of emphasis the entire season, you can’t just suddenly go blind in the last couple minutes of a close game. What I’m saying is, with these emphasized rules, what is called a foul in November, is rarely still called in March. Even when it’s most important to do so. All that said, I still think this particular case was a play on.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I saw them struggling with the officiating when Zion picked up an early foul and then they completely swallowed their whistle when he fouled several more times. Too often the officials make decisions on situations rather than calling what they see. The NCAA is becoming more and more like the NBA with “star power.”

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I hate how much the media just rides coach K's jock, saying how classy he is sharing an emotional moment after that game with Dawkins.

If he lost that game, he would have stormed off the court in a heartbeat, pissed off at the lack of return on investment he got on his players.  Completely sold out once he started going after the one-and-done guys.

Oregon rolling. Weird how they didn’t want to play this way during the season. But Oregon has been one of the best teams in the Pac12 in recent years and actually has a good coach.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners