Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Just now, HoosierAloha said:

Mike Miller might be at UNLV..

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

That’s what I mean. 

LSU, Memphis and now Alabama

Lets be honest nothing has changed for us. We aren’t in this for reasons that haven’t changed. 

Either:

Too far

Wants his own legacy

Or as some have asserted not paying enough 

ODU might be the worst team in the tourney...not to discredit Purdue’s defense but it seems like they force every shot they put up. And people want more mid-majors in the tourney...

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Yea... look at what Murray State and now Wofford is doing.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Wofford will be America’s team Saturday against Kentucky. Go Fighting Fletcher Magees!!! Such a smart team and really fun to watch. B1G moving to 7-0 in the NCAAs/NIT and Big East moves to 1-6. Good thing St. John’s got in instead of IU.

12 minutes ago, jbell833 said:

Wofford will be America’s team Saturday against Kentucky. Go Fighting Fletcher Magees!!! Such a smart team and really fun to watch. B1G moving to 7-0 in the NCAAs/NIT and Big East moves to 1-6. Good thing St. John’s got in instead of IU.

No PJ Washington for UK

19 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Bryce Drew Fired by Vandy

According to Goodman, this was the first time the AD and Drew had met. 

Turner: "Hi Bryce, I'm Malcolm Turner, the new director of athletics."
Drew: "Hello. Nice to know you."
Turner: "Well, to tell you the truth, you won't know me for long. ... You're fired." 

3 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Turner: "Well, to tell you the truth, you won't know me for long. ... You're fired." 

How do you "re-assign" your head bball coach? Are you afraid of the guy you just fired getting a job in conference?

9 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

I'm sure Vandy will be able to land a good coach after "re-assigning" their old coach to teaching a fencing or dodge ball class.  Guys will be lining up for the opportunity to get stuck in the coaching purgatory that is Vanderbilt... you can come, but you can never leave.

13 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

How do you "re-assign" your head bball coach? Are you afraid of the guy you just fired getting a job in conference?

Maybe parking lot attendant since he is known for parking in handicap spaces or something like that 

This line was in ESPN's story about Drew, and is highly inaccurate ... Anybody who knows anything about college basketball knows "The Shot" was Keith Smart's bucket in 1987!!!

He's perhaps best known for "The Shot" that helped Valparaiso beat Ole Miss at the buzzer in the 1998 NCAA tournament.