Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Blowouts...? Losses, yes but not blowouts

@UM -11 not really that close

@Maryland -3 close most of the game

Vs. Nebraska -15 blowout, bad loss

@pu -15 blowout

@NW -7 bad loss

Vs Michigan -23 blowout, bad loss

@Rutger -8 bad loss

Vs. Iowa -5 late competitive loss

Vs. O$U -3 late competitive loss

@Minny -21 blowout

Vs. pu -2 competitive close loss

@iowa -6 OT loss

5 of those losses were blowouts. 5 of those games were late possession losses with some tough shots made. If you wanted to make an argument injuries played a big role you could. The team definitely showed lackluster effort in many too.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Alright, yeah I get where you are coming from. I’m really honestly not trying to stir the pot. The double, multiple game losing streaks give me a legit hard time when I consider the team for placement regardless of who we beat. I understand that I cannot discount the fact that IU came up huge against some of the best, and obviously injuries matter. I just wonder how much really. Also, I’d like to argue that the Rutgers and NW losses should indeed be placed into the blowout category. Both of those teams held 15 and 14 point leads respectively, late in the 2nd half. Neither of those games were in doubt after halftime. IU had horrendous scoring droughts in each. I claim they were also blowouts, because the final score was deceiving. By my logic, That’s at least 7 of 12.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Alright, yeah I get where you are coming from. I’m really honestly not trying to stir the pot. The double, multiple game losing streaks give me a legit hard time when I consider the team for placement regardless of who we beat. I understand that I cannot discount the fact that IU came up huge against some of the best, and obviously injuries matter. I just wonder how much really. Also, I’d like to argue that the Rutgers and NW losses should indeed be placed into the blowout category. Both of those teams held 15 and 14 point leads respectively, late in the 2nd half. Neither of those games were in doubt after halftime. IU had horrendous scoring droughts in each. I claim they were also blowouts, because the final score was deceiving. By my logic, That’s at least 7 of 12.

Yes, they weren’t competitive in some and went through horrible scoring droughts but... the committee has a 10 point cap. They were also played without our current roster on the court.

Yes, they weren’t competitive in some and went through horrible scoring droughts but... the committee has a 10 point cap. They were also played without our current roster on the court.

I’ll agree on the injuries. Anderson forced to play minutes he wasn’t ready for, mixed with other erratic lineups thrown together to see what might stick. All adds up. I was really looking for other viewpoints to calm my troubled mind. If guys like you and USPS tell me not to worry....then I don’t worry.

Edit....I’d still say better just keep on winning though.

10 point cap in scoring margin category which is the least important. No 10 point cap for offensive and defensive efficiency which makes 0 sense to cap it in only 1 category and not the others. I thought the 10 point cap would of been a big deal but it turned out to be worthless in my opinion

I’ll agree on the injuries. Anderson forced to play minutes he wasn’t ready for, mixed with other erratic lineups thrown together to see what might stick. All adds up. I was really looking for other viewpoints to calm my troubled mind. If guys like you and USPS tell me not to worry....then I don’t worry.

Edit....I’d still say better just keep on winning though.

Don’t base it from me! I’m an amateur amateur that doesn’t even make other people money... I do think IU needs to beat O$U and competitive against MSU to be considered.

8 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

Got to cry about given him 4 years

Some people are just never happy unless they have something to complain about and will grasp at anything no matter how irrelevant. 

8 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

Only reason they would be out of the conversation would be because their RPI would be in the 80s and no team over 70 got in and IU is 81 rpi. Always a chance they could of still got in with a 81 rpi because no team has ever been on the bubble with this many quality wins. That would of been interesting

Some of the other bubble teams have really bad RPIs this year too so IU wouldn't have been completely out of the discussion and may not have even ended up with the worst RPI to get in. It is doubtful they would have gotten in under the old system most years but they would have certainly been under consideration and with the quality of bubble teams this year they would have had a much better chance than normal. The goal of the selection process is to get the best 36 at large teams into the field and so far it seems like it has the potential to do that better than the old system did.

2 hours ago, Hoosier Guy said:

Going to be good. I’m still a college basketball fan. Doesn’t matter that IU crapped the bed. I’ll still watch college basketball

It almost makes the tournament more fun to watch without having the stress of IU being in it. 

I’d obviously much rather have the stress, but sunshine pumping eternal optimist or whatever.