Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

USPS, how safe is Oklahoma? If they lose tonight against West Virginia could they end up on the wrong side of the bubble?

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners
with how terrible the bubble is if they lose they are a lock imo. A thing going for them that most might look over is they have played 0 quad 4 games this year on the schedule. Losing 2 games to West Virginia would be a bad look but the bubble is awful with a lot of bad looks

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, Joe DeLow said:

I’ll understand if we don’t make it. This team screwed themselves in January.

Right. But we're in the conversation because of the high quality wins we have and deservedly so. Dakich is just a bitter old fart (no offense to Old Fart) who wakes up every morning looking for a new way to bash IU.

2 minutes ago, Crimson and Cream said:

Right. But we're in the conversation because of the high quality wins we have and deservedly so. Dakich is just a bitter old fart (no offense to Old Fart) who wakes up every morning looking for a new way to bash IU.

None taken.  Agree with you 100% on Dakich.

2 minutes ago, Joe DeLow said:

I’d say he is just giving fans a reality check. And plenty need it. We lose tomorrow and it is off to the NIT. And I can understand him saying we shouldn’t be in the conversation. Just like Texas, Oklahoma and TCU shouldn’t. But that’s just how the system works now and it is going to take people time to get used to the new standard that’s been created because of it.

I think most fans are very aware of the situation we're in. But him saying we shouldn't be in the conversation doesn't make it any less true. And doesn't he have some lamewad radio show to spew his ignorance on instead of a game between two ACC teams?

We probably shouldn’t be in the conversation yet. Sure we have those big wins, but we have a ton of loses. And that run of losing 12 of 13 killed this team. If it comes down to us and another and it is close, could come back to bite us. I mean, how many teams in the past have been “on the bubble” after losing 12 of 13?

How many teams in the past have been “on the bubble” after winning 6 Q1 wins and 3 of those wins being Q1a? If it comes down to us and another and it’s close from committees past doings I would feel very confident in IU making it in over that team. Now if part of the committees criteria was if you lose 12 of 13 then you are automatically disqualified for tournament consideration then IU wouldn’t have a chance but luckily the committee considers 31 games instead of only 13.

12 minutes ago, Joe DeLow said:

We probably shouldn’t be in the conversation yet. Sure we have those big wins, but we have a ton of loses. And that run of losing 12 of 13 killed this team. If it comes down to us and another and it is close, could come back to bite us. I mean, how many teams in the past have been “on the bubble” after losing 12 of 13?

IU is in the conversation because the formula is different. If this were the old system, absolutely no way they get an at-large bid in the tournament. However, the old system is obsolete

IU is in the conversation because the formula is different. If this were the old system, absolutely no way they get an at-large bid in the tournament. However, the old system is obsolete

Only reason they would be out of the conversation would be because their RPI would be in the 80s and no team over 70 got in and IU is 81 rpi. Always a chance they could of still got in with a 81 rpi because no team has ever been on the bubble with this many quality wins. That would of been interesting

2 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Only reason they would be out of the conversation would be because their RPI would be in the 80s and no team over 70 got in and IU is 81 rpi. Always a chance they could of still got in with a 81 rpi because no team has ever been on the bubble with this many quality wins. That would of been interesting

I wouldn’t have liked the chances with the old system. They do have a lot of quality wins though. No doubt about it

But you’re saying they should focus on only 6 but that those 13 don’t matter?

Not saying that at all. Those 13 are taken into consideration just as the 6 quality wins are taken into consideration. The committees actions in the past show that the majority of the members value the 6 more then the 13. You would of been those members that focused on the 13 and more times then not got outvoted

2 minutes ago, Joe DeLow said:

And I’ve said that. I think it’ll take people time to get used to the new standards, what to expect and how the NET will be used and prioritized by the committee.

I think conference record should matter. That’s not how this new system works though