Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

2 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

And there is Dakich on NC St vs Clemson talking about Indiana.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

“Lost twice as many games in the league as they have won. No way should they be in the conversation.”

Lol give me a friggin break. 

“Lost twice as many games in the league as they have won. No way should they be in the conversation.”

Like it was out of nowhere. That’s the type of stuff that annoys me about him. I can’t even watch an ACC tournament game without Dan Dakich having to trash Indiana to prove his point. Every game he commentates. That and his math sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

25 minutes ago, Joe DeLow said:

I find it funny how no one has learned how good Gonzaga is no matter how bad the conference is. They could have walked into the Big Ten, ACC, SEC or Big 12 and won it this year. They are that good. That’s why the eye test matters. You can’t judge a team like Gonzaga through SOS stats.

Lol mmkay. As long as St Mary’s didn’t also come I suppose

36 minutes ago, Joe DeLow said:

I find it funny how no one has learned how good Gonzaga is no matter how bad the conference is. They could have walked into the Big Ten, ACC, SEC or Big 12 and won it this year. They are that good. That’s why the eye test matters. You can’t judge a team like Gonzaga through SOS stats.

There is no chance they win the B1G, SEC, or ACC this year. None

29 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

After he said that, I honestly thought he was gonna add to, it ... something like "No way should they be in the conversation ... or so it would seem. But they are, because of their Quad 1 wins, including sweeping Michigan State, and finally being healthy and playing as well as anybody in the Big Ten these past two weeks." 

But he didn't. He just left it there. It was such an odd, random IU bashing -- especially in the middle of an ACC game. 

25 minutes ago, Joe DeLow said:

He’s not the only one in the world who thinks a team like Indiana doesn’t deserve it. But that’s just how the system works now.

I was mostly talking about the fact that he was factually wrong. We all know your stance on the tournament, you provide it in every thread. 

Listening to the talking heads explain how they EXPECT (but no one knows for sure) how the committee will focus on the NET, it got me thinking...ours currently is 51, for 36 at-large bids.  Doing some eye-scanning on warrennolan.com, I came up with 14 conference champions ahead of us in the net (I might have missed one or two).  Moving those 14-ish teams/conferences ahead of us to the 'automatic bid' section, the top 50 NET are "considered "at-large."

Just thought it was interesting to see how truly close we are to being in OR being out... 

Texas plays Kansas tomorrow night. Texas loses and their bubble burst. No way the committee is putting in a team that is 16-16 on the year.

That’s a shock lol. I will say all high majors with under .500 are not created equal thanks to unbalanced schedule.
NC State was 9-9 in ACC
IU was 8-12 in B1G

Nc State played NC twice and the other teams they had to play twice finished 10-15

IU had to play the teams that finished 1,2,3,6 twice