Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Conflicted a little with Gonzaga-St Mary’s. Obviously need Gonzaga to win it. But Randy Bennett is one of my flat out favorite Coaches. I watch St Mary’s whenever I can. 0% chance of it happening, but if I was involved with UCLA I would seriously look at him. 

Zags need to wake up for IU and all bubble teams. I get it on their part though win or lose they are a 1 seed and have a WCC tourney championship 6 years in a row, which means nothing

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

17 minutes ago, jbell833 said:

Does anybody else think Gonzaga is purposefully trying to give this game away??? They aren’t playing hard on D and are very lackadaisical on offense like they simply don’t care...something seems off.

An entire team tanking so their biggest rival can make the tourney is a tad too “chem trails” for me. 

Gonzaga just sucks tonight. 

Gonzaga beat St. Mary’s by 50 a month ago...St. Marys didn’t magically get 50 points better just like that. This smells of something rotten.

Smells like they are playing a team that is going through the motions probably because they have a 1 seed in the West wrapped up win or lose

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Who has made the bubble shrink so far?

Saint Mary’s is about to. NC state or Clemson tomorrow. That’s Wednesday by 2. I think more upsets are going to happen

18 minutes ago, jbell833 said:

Gonzaga beat St. Mary’s by 50 a month ago...St. Marys didn’t magically get 50 points better just like that. This smells of something rotten.

They played about 10 days ago. It was a 2pt game at the half and a 1 possession game with maybe 12 mins left. St Mary’s had a bad 4 mins or so offensively and Gonzaga put a little run on them and one by 12 or so. The game in Spokane was Gonzaga having one of those nights.

1 minute ago, Uspshoosier said:

Gotcha. Nc state/Clemson won’t effect it. One will eliminate the other just like IU/Ohio St

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I guess I don’t follow it enough. Isn’t NC State/Clemson essentially a play-in game? So ones eliminated, but one takes a spot. So the bubble still shrinks. Same with our game

Just now, LamarCheeks said:

The No. 1 ranked team, which beat Duke and has just two losses -- both to Top 10 teams -- is overrated? 
Okey-doke. 

The Duke game was a fluke. Duke had a bad shooting game. Honestly 7/10 times I think a healthy Duke beats them.