Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

7 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Ball don’t lie. They called a foul and gave the kid 3 shots. He missed the second

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I’ll never understand why players try to hit the front of the rim straight on when trying to miss a free throw. They either accidentally go in or drop straight to the ground where the defenders have the advantage to rebound.  

All they have to do to miss on purpose is try to bank and aim so the center of the ball is over the far right or left part of the rim.  Gives it a nice hard and high bounce off the rim to try to rebound.  

Rough year for Notre Dame and Miami. Whatever happened to Wake Forest? Adding teams is never a good thing. Just drags the bottom of the league down even further. The bottom of the ACC is pathetic. That’s 6 teams who didn’t win 15 games total and 6 wins and less in conference. That is terrible.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

They hired Manning

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Texas A&M basketball coach Billy Kennedy will not be back for a ninth season, a person with knowledge of the situation said Tuesday.

Kennedy, 55, is considered a model coach and has valiantly fought Parkinson's disease since just after his hire at A&M nearly eight years ago, but in the end he did not win consistently enough at a university that had grown accustomed to annual NCAA Tournament visits under its two previous coaches.

Full story:  https://www.houstonchronicle.com/sports/aggies/article/Texas-A-M-s-Billy-Kennedy-won-t-be-back-13683278.php?utm_campaign=CMS Sharing Tools (Premium)&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

Checking out a few minutes of the CAA final. 

It's Hofstra (Long Island, N.Y.) vs. Northeastern (Boston) -- in Charleston, S.C. As you can imagine, there's nobody there. 

I feel really sorry for the CAA. It was one of the best -- if not the best -- mid-majors and many times, was a multi-bid league. The conference tourney always was in Richmond and was a pretty rockin' event.

But George Mason, Virginia Commonwealth and Old Dominion got greedy and bailed -- and the CAA is a mere shell of itself. This was the league that sent GMU and VCU to the Final Four (both were at-large teams those years). Kinda sad to see it nowadays. 

26 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Checking out a few minutes of the CAA final. 

It's Hofstra (Long Island, N.Y.) vs. Northeastern (Boston) -- in Charleston, S.C. As you can imagine, there's nobody there. 

I feel really sorry for the CAA. It was one of the best -- if not the best -- mid-majors and many times, was a multi-bid league. The conference tourney always was in Richmond and was a pretty rockin' event.

But George Mason, Virginia Commonwealth and Old Dominion got greedy and bailed -- and the CAA is a mere shell of itself. This was the league that sent GMU and VCU to the Final Four (both were at-large teams those years). Kinda sad to see it nowadays. 

If they had the tournament in Baltimore, DC, or Richmond they could at least draw a few people, instead they hold it at the southernmost school which is a hike for almost the rest of the conference. I'm surprised they didn't go after the likes of Army and Navy(save for football) after the Virginia schools left.

Feel bad for the team that draws Vermont first round...I can tell you right now without even seeing the bracket yet, they WILL win their first game. I’m advancing them no matter who they’re playing. Experienced and led by the trio of Duncans from Evansville. If they win tomorrow this would be their 3rd trip in 4 years so won’t be any jitters.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners