Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

38 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Roach will be available for Texas in the Big 12 tournament. He has been suspended the last 5 games. Texas’s best player.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Yes but they get KU in what will basically be a home game for KU since it's in Kansas City. Can't love UT's chances with Roach possibly being rusty, having no momentum and playing basically a road game. 

I think they will play themselves out and Shaka's seat will get pretty hot since this is a must win. 

56 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

This is interesting stuff ... I would've never realized there were THAT many times teams played each other three times in a season, let alone one having a 2-0 record heading into the third game. 

Fun fact:

IU has only beaten 2 teams 3 times in a season since Big Ten Tournament has started. One was Ohio St. the inaugural yr. of it in 97-98 and second was PSU in 2011-2012 in Zeller's first year. 

Expanding to NCAA tourney we have only played a Big Ten team twice I believe. One was 1976 against Michigan when we went undefeated so we got them 3 times. The other was PU in 1980 and we lost.

We played OSU and PU on way to NIT title in 1979 but lost to those teams in regular season.

In other words we have only beaten a team 3 times in a season 3 times since at least tourney era in 1940 (I don't know in old days before tourney and you just played anyone if we played and beat someone 3 times and I don't have time to look).

Big games this week that IU fans should care about since these teams are all right on the bubble. 

Wofford vs UNCG - Tonight

St. Johns vs Depaul - Wed, March 13

NC State vs Clemson - Wed March 13 (both squarely on the bubble) 

TCU vs Okie State - Wed March 13th

Texas vs KU - Thur, March 14th

Florida vs Arkansas - Thur, March 14th

Bama vs Ole Miss - Thur, March 14th 

Creighton Vs. Xavier - Thur, March 14th 

Arizona St. vs UCLA/Stanford - Thur, March 14th

Utah St. vs New Mexico/Wyoming - Thur, March 14th 

Temple vs ECU/Wich St - friday, March 15th 

Buffalo winning their tournament

Can the ACC get three 1 seeds this year?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Small chance. Duke/NC would have to meet in final and Kentucky would have to lose. Virginia and Zags are probably locks. Last time a conference had 3 1 seeds was the Big East. Pittsburgh, Louisville, UCONN

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app