Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

I believe they said during the game that he’s been back practicing with the team. I like our chances if we keep playing the way we have been. We can’t afford to have Phin, Morgan, and Smith in early foul trouble again though.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Another interesting quote yesterday, from big brother at Arizona's Senior Day: "There's no place that's more magical (choking up) than McHale Center. There's no fans in the world that are more loyal. And it has been an amazing honor to coach in the McHale Center for the last 10 years. Thank you for everything."

Wow. He sure sounded like he knows his exit is imminent. 

17 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Another interesting quote yesterday, from big brother at Arizona's Senior Day: "There's no place that's more magical (choking up) than McHale Center. There's no fans in the world that are more loyal. And it has been an amazing honor to coach in the McHale Center for the last 10 years. Thank you for everything."

Wow. He sure sounded like he knows his exit is imminent. 

I was there. I think the subpoena and Will Wade tapes have shown him the end game. I was looking forward to the home and home brotherly series. Oh well.

27 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Tom Izzo after yesterday's win over Michigan: "Every Michigan State alum should be proud of this team. Because to me, they stood for everything our university stands for."

Why would a kid want to stand for college doctors molesting young girls and football and basketball coaches looking the other way when their players sexually assault females? 

Man, I used to be a big Tom Izzo fan, but I just detest the man nowadays. Absolutely cannot stand him.

Said basically the same thing on here multiple times, the man makes me sick to my stomach.

32 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Tom Izzo after yesterday's win over Michigan: "Every Michigan State alum should be proud of this team. Because to me, they stood for everything our university stands for."

Why would a kid want to stand for college doctors molesting young girls and football and basketball coaches looking the other way when their players commit sexual assault? 

Man, I used to be a big Tom Izzo fan, but I just detest the man nowadays. Absolutely cannot stand him.

Truth. He sure has gotten a pass on burying the multiple assault  that happened on the team. That was a hot topic for a week and a half or so. Now he’s back to being hailed as Mr. Authenticity and king of the Big.

Truth. He sure has gotten a pass on burying the multiple assault  that happened on the team. That was a hot topic for a week and a half or so. Now he’s back to being hailed as Mr. Authenticity and king of the Big.

I got into it with some folks over this in the past. There were people condemning fans for chanting at Izzo and MSU when the scandals were front and center and then Glass did the same.

F that. We should chant at them and the press should bring this up every day until something is done. It was a hot topic for a week and now is buried because people were forced to bite their tongue

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

4 minutes ago, Deserthoozier said:

I was there. I think the subpoena and Will Wade tapes have shown him the end game. I was looking forward to the home and home brotherly series. Oh well.

He really disappoints me. ... I was in school when we went to the 1991 NCAA tournament, and I was fortunate enough to be able to go to the games in Louisville and our one game in Charlotte. Pittsburgh was one of the teams in Louisville and Sean was the point guard back then. He was about as gritty and tough of a player as there was (kinda like Archie). He wasn't very big or very strong or very fast, but was really smart and didn't make mistakes. Just a real solid player. I also heard some of his interviews then and liked what he was saying. ... Then I saw him put in his time at Xavier before going on to the big time. ... Through all that, he just never struck me as a guy who would have to resort to dirty tricks -- his success would come from outworking everyone. But I guess at some point -- he caved. Or maybe I was giving him too much credit all along. 

So big game of the night is Wofford vs UNC Greensboro. Wofford is in at this point no matter what. But if UNC Greensboro wins... a bubble will burst.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Hopefully UNCG can make it a game tonight. Wofford beat them by 30 and 29 in the regular season

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

13 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

This is interesting stuff ... I would've never realized there were THAT many times teams played each other three times in a season, let alone one having a 2-0 record heading into the third game.