Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

12 hours ago, reconmkd said:

What happened at the end of the pUKE game? I had gamecast and it said wake with an offensive rebound with 6 secs left then went to final score.

Took a 3 with about 3.2 seconds left, got the offensive rebound in traffic and got it up on the rim but it rolled off.... his own teammate was in his way of making an easy layup.

25 minutes ago, Josh said:

I don't know why Painter gets the respect on here that he does.  He's Purdoo's Tom Crean.

He’s probably about to share the Big Ten title starting more guys sub 350 than top 100. 

The guy is a great coach if he would play the game of recruiting they would be incredibly scary. 

They have won 2/3s of their conference games 5 straight years. That is the opposite of Crean. 

Just now, Josh said:

Crean and Painter both have 2 Big Ten titles and similar postseason failures.  I just don't get it, but I hope they keep him forever.

That’s because your over simplifying it. Just like the people who said Jay Wright was a bad coach. 

Painter has 2 big ten titles. But he’s been over .500 in the big ten 10 out of the last 12 years. Crean only pulled the feat off 3 out of 9. 

1 minute ago, Brass Cannon said:

That’s because your over simplifying it. Just like the people who said Jay Wright was a bad coach. 

Painter has 2 big ten titles. But he’s been over .500 in the big ten 10 out of the last 12 years. Crean only pulled the feat off 3 out of 9. 

Am I?  Those stats you provided show mediocrity to me.  His post season stats show less than mediocrity.  He may be a nice approachable guy, but I don't get his coaching results.  

8 minutes ago, Josh said:

Am I?  Those stats you provided show mediocrity to me.  His post season stats show less than mediocrity.  He may be a nice approachable guy, but I don't get his coaching results.  

A .666+ winning percentage over the last 5 years is mediocre? mmkay whatever you say. Guess water isn’t wet also 

56 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

A .666+ winning percentage over the last 5 years is mediocre? mmkay whatever you say. Guess water isn’t wet also 

Why did you just cherry pick the last 6 years?  If you're looking to limit a set of years to fit your agenda, why include the year he finished dead last in the league?  Why not use a whole body of mediocre work?

Yes, water is wet.  Not sure what that has to do with anything.

26 minutes ago, Josh said:

Why did you just cherry pick the last 6 years?  If you're looking to limit a set of years to fit your agenda, why include the year he finished dead last in the league?  Why not use a whole body of mediocre work?

Yes, water is wet.  Not sure what that has to do with anything.

I used his last 12 years and that wasn’t up to your moving goal posts er I mean standards. 

Yes he had 2 bad years. Out of the last 12. Three total seasons below .500 his entire time at Purdue. Clearly similar to a guy who only had 3 winning big ten records. If by similar you mean complete opposites.

One has a .631 winning percentage the other around .434 with much more talent. Clearly the same guy basically. 

5 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

What do you expect when you pointlessly trash people based on..stuff you made up in your head. 

Another quality post that bashes somebody with a different opinion than the groupthink.  Par for the course.

How does Eastern stuck his arm out to feel the screener and then completely shove him to create space to get around the screen without a foul? He also had a handful of bumps that stopped or changed the direction of the driver without a foul. Maybe if Al was known as a defender he’d get the same treatment. I love the Big Ten

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Ahhh... the condescending nature of this board.  How I've missed thee.

I really don’t get your schtick.

I also think that Painter is a very good coach, but like Crean, would not last as long as he has at Indiana. I’m also not sure if that’s an indictment of Painter or Indiana.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

30 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

I really don’t get your schtick.

I also think that Painter is a very good coach, but like Crean, would not last as long as he has at Indiana. I’m also not sure if that’s an indictment of Painter or Indiana.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I'm not sure I have a schtick.  I just get frustrated by people who belittle posters with different opinions.  It seems to happen a lot on here.

18 minutes ago, Josh said:

I'm not sure I have a schtick.  I just get frustrated by people who belittle posters with different opinions.  It seems to happen a lot on here.

This is coming from the dude who calls people who disagree with him about Luck to be fan boys or blind.