Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

4 minutes ago, Joe DeLow said:

How have they proven to be one? Was it last year? The year before? Year before? Year before? Same system. Same results. Just a different year.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Being a "title contender" doesn't mean you have to win it all.  It means you are in the mix to win one.  And UVA is in that mix this year as they have been in previous years.  

12 hours ago, mdn82 said:

I think Agbaji is my favorite player not named Zion in college basketball.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Pretty amazing that this kid was getting redshirted this year until Azubuike went down with the hand injury. He was the lowest rated recruit behind McD All Americans Grimes, Dotson, and Mccormick and might be the best freshman on the team and the second best player on the team behind Lawson. It's just next man up for KU. 

Virginia is in the never going to win a title category until proven otherwise. Same for Wisconsin.

You do see how ignorant that sounds dont you? Never going to win until proven otherwise lol. Go research what being a contender means.

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

Virginia has done this with only getting 3 and 4 star recruits. Yes they have had a history of getting beat in the tournament. This year I think might possibly be little different with their balance of athleticism in Hunter to go with the shooting that Guy and Jerome bring unless they play Duke.

37 minutes ago, Joe DeLow said:

This year? No. 2017 was an obvious one for them. Just like Villanova last year. Is Villanova this year? No. But last years Nova team was stacked. There are only a few with any real shot. Sure “everyone” has a chance in a single elimination tourney, but only a few have what it takes. Virginia doesn’t because they hinder themselves with their style of play. Tony Bennett isn’t a coach to bend any on his style. When they had the athletes and better talent to run a 16 off the floor, they continued playing slow and got themselves ran off the floor. It happens to all sorts of teams. Crean showed that playing slow for his teams wasn’t a good thing because it wasn’t a style he could coach. If UVa would speed their game up and gain another 10 possessions per game, they’d be a title contender. A team you’re not expecting to lose in the Sweet 16.

You do realize that your opponent then gets another 10 possessions as well right?  That statement in and of itself doesn't make any sense.

All you can do is put yourself in a position to win year in and year out.  If Virginia continues to do that, they will eventually break through.

Corey Maggette names in the Duke rape case. Odd this isn’t getting as much attention as the lacrosse teams did years back(which was complete bs in the end). From Izzo to Coach K? How much does this tarnish his career?

I think if it’s a one off thing it doesn’t. Izzo and the Lacrosse team we’re both thought to be continual.

3 hours ago, Joe DeLow said:

Corey Maggette names in the Duke rape case. Odd this isn’t getting as much attention as the lacrosse teams did years back(which was complete bs in the end). From Izzo to Coach K? How much does this tarnish his career?

ESPN did a 30 for 30 on the lacrosse scandal and that was more than just the university who was involved but yes it was BS and is exactly why Title IX is bull crap.

31 minutes ago, OliviaPope40 said:

ESPN did a 30 for 30 on the lacrosse scandal and that was more than just the university who was involved but yes it was BS and is exactly why Title IX is bull crap.

I have seen that documentary and don’t recall coming away thinking title IX is bad