Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Per NBC......
  The NCAA announced on Friday night that Kansas sophomore Silvio De Sousa has been ruled ineligible for the 2018-19 and 2019-20 seasons.
This likely ends his college career.
De Sousa’s guardian, Fenny Falmagne, received $2,500 from Christian Dawkins and agreed to accept another $20,000 from a former Adidas consultant, T.J. Gassnola. The second payment was to payback a booster from Maryland that had paid Falmagne $60,000 to get De Sousa to College Park.
“In my 30-plus years of coaching college basketball, I have never witnessed such a mean-spirited and vindictive punishment against a young man who did nothing wrong,” Bill Self said in a statement released by the university. “To take away his opportunity to play college basketball is shameful and a failure of the NCAA. Silvio is a tremendous young man who absolutely deserves to be on the court with his teammates. This process took way too long to address these issues. We will support Silvio as he considers his options.”
So does this mean Maryland and Kansas are both guilty of the scandal?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

If you are interested in seeing a game where the coaches are mic’d up throughout the whole game and halftime then Butler/Seton Hall game on Fs1 is the game you should watch tomorrow at noon. They are doing the All-access game again. They did it last year with Providence/DePaul and it was awesome

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Per NBC......
  The NCAA announced on Friday night that Kansas sophomore Silvio De Sousa has been ruled ineligible for the 2018-19 and 2019-20 seasons.
This likely ends his college career.
De Sousa’s guardian, Fenny Falmagne, received $2,500 from Christian Dawkins and agreed to accept another $20,000 from a former Adidas consultant, T.J. Gassnola. The second payment was to payback a booster from Maryland that had paid Falmagne $60,000 to get De Sousa to College Park.
“In my 30-plus years of coaching college basketball, I have never witnessed such a mean-spirited and vindictive punishment against a young man who did nothing wrong,” Bill Self said in a statement released by the university. “To take away his opportunity to play college basketball is shameful and a failure of the NCAA. Silvio is a tremendous young man who absolutely deserves to be on the court with his teammates. This process took way too long to address these issues. We will support Silvio as he considers his options.”

Didn’t De Sousa play on last seasons Big 12 championship Final Four team? So naturally they’ll have to vacate that conference championship and Final Four... right?

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

7 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

Didn’t De Sousa play on last seasons Big 12 championship Final Four team? So naturally they’ll have to vacate that conference championship and Final Four... right?

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Good question.  He played last year, but I think they held him out at some point in time.  Not sure.

12 hours ago, maharkn said:

So does this mean Maryland and Kansas are both guilty of the scandal?

Good question.

1 hour ago, maharkn said:

Idk how they can make this decision without making the other

True......seems to me the Terps should be in trouble as well.

HEY @ YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE

“When you take over a program, you've got to look at the big picture,” he said, “and the big picture is (recruiting) classes upon classes upon classes and development upon development.”

Straight from Archie’s mouth.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app