Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

23 minutes ago, Hoosier Guy said:

Purdue will be the only team from the state to make the NCAA tournament

Well, we still have the conference tournaments.  But right here, right now....you would be correct.

Well, we still have the conference tournaments.  But right here, right now....you would be correct.

I have IU out as of today but Lunardi and a lot of others have them still in tournament as of today as one of the last 4 in. That should tell you have awful the cut line is this year when a team that loses 7 straight can still be on the cut line. If they keep losing this will work itself out and they will be eliminated but if they can find a way to win most of these home games coming up they will still be on the bubble.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

56 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

I have IU out as of today but Lunardi and a lot of others have them still in tournament as of today as one of the last 4 in. That should tell you have awful the cut line is this year when a team that loses 7 straight can still be on the cut line. If they keep losing this will work itself out and they will be eliminated but if they can find a way to win most of these home games coming up they will still be on the bubble.

Yeah, IU has no bad losses.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 hours ago, Joe DeLow said:

Hopefully the committee throws in some mid majors like Murray State, Buffalo or Hofstra if they lose in their conference tourney. They’d likely do better than an Indiana. But the committee cares more about how much money is made.

Geez Joe; that reads a lot like you're hoping those schools get in the tourney and IU does not.

16 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Inside the NCAA‏Verified account @InsidetheNCAA

Kansas men’s basketball student-athlete Silvio De Sousa must sit out the remainder of the 2018-19 season and the 2019-20 season because of his guardian’s involvement with an agent.

Per NBC......

The NCAA announced on Friday night that Kansas sophomore Silvio De Sousa has been ruled ineligible for the 2018-19 and 2019-20 seasons.

This likely ends his college career.

De Sousa’s guardian, Fenny Falmagne, received $2,500 from Christian Dawkins and agreed to accept another $20,000 from a former Adidas consultant, T.J. Gassnola. The second payment was to payback a booster from Maryland that had paid Falmagne $60,000 to get De Sousa to College Park.

“In my 30-plus years of coaching college basketball, I have never witnessed such a mean-spirited and vindictive punishment against a young man who did nothing wrong,” Bill Self said in a statement released by the university. “To take away his opportunity to play college basketball is shameful and a failure of the NCAA. Silvio is a tremendous young man who absolutely deserves to be on the court with his teammates. This process took way too long to address these issues. We will support Silvio as he considers his options.”

57 minutes ago, Rico said:

Per NBC......

The NCAA announced on Friday night that Kansas sophomore Silvio De Sousa has been ruled ineligible for the 2018-19 and 2019-20 seasons.

De Sousa’s guardian, Fenny Falmagne, received $2,500 from Christian Dawkins and agreed to accept another $20,000 from a former Adidas consultant, T.J. Gassnola. The second payment was to payback a booster from Maryland that had paid Falmagne $60,000 to get De Sousa to College Park.

“In my 30-plus years of coaching college basketball, I have never witnessed such a mean-spirited and vindictive punishment against a young man who did nothing wrong,” Bill Self said in a statement released by the university. “To take away his opportunity to play college basketball is shameful and a failure of the NCAA. Silvio is a tremendous young man who absolutely deserves to be on the court with his teammates. This process took way too long to address these issues. We will support Silvio as he considers his options.”

We had kids that actually got fined for their guardian buying bumper stickers decades earlier. What a crybaby 

11 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

We had kids that actually got fined for their guardian buying bumper stickers decades earlier. What a crybaby 

They need him, and they know it.  Kansas' season is on the brink.

1 hour ago, Rico said:

Per NBC......

What audacity!   Says the dude who was on tape and text with Adidas’s convicted bag-man...‘Just go get me some guys’!  Nice one Toupee Bill!!  Your morality keeps shining through.

3 minutes ago, Deserthoozier said:

What audacity!   Says the dude who was on tape and text with Adidas’s convicted bag-man...‘Just go get me some guys’!  Nice one Toupee Bill!!  Your morality keeps shining through.

A lot of times people think they are above the "law".  Bill is one of them.