Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

I saw an FS1 "special' where Donnie Marshall said Marquette needs to be careful because this is where basketball grew up, or something to that extent.  I'm sure Marquette will have that "huh" look with some of the calls.  I think it'll be close but Marquette is too skilled with too many shooters and they have Markus Howard.  They'll have some foul troubles too.  Is John back for them?

I saw an FS1 "special' where Donnie Marshall said Marquette needs to be careful because this is where basketball grew up, or something to that extent.  I'm sure Marquette will have that "huh" look with some of the calls.  I think it'll be close but Marquette is too skilled with too many shooters and they have Markus Howard.  They'll have some foul troubles too.  Is John back for them?

Marquette hasn’t won at Butler since the new Big East was formed. Margin of victory around 15. I still think Marquette wins

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

It doesn’t make sense because so many here are saying we have to wait til year 4. So then doesn’t Drew? With an even worse program, shouldn’t he get even more time?

Nobody is telling you have to wait til year 4. If you want to criticize now, criticize. Not everyone is going to agree with your stance and that’s fine. If you don’t think Archie is the coach for this program, fine. But you realize nothing is going to happen after 1.5 years of him on the job, right? So I’m not sure what you want.

Nobody has said Archie is perfect or immune from criticism. But a lot of people are going to push back to some outlandish takes, like scrapping our entire offense and defense or putting in a walk-on because he hit a three one time.

Just a little funny that you are complaining about the direction of the program in literally every thread, but somehow still making it seem like you’re not allowed to do so...

You know what, Joe? You’re right. 
Every scenario happens in a vacuum and Stu doesn’t get to believe that Drew is a bad coach because you get your feelings hurt when someone thinks that Archie *is* a good coach and deserves time to right the ship, which doesn’t align with your almighty opinion that changes every 15 minutes so you can continue arguing with every single poster on this board, causing people to not want to post here anymore because they can’t stand your obsessive argumentative disposition. 
This concludes the longest run-on sentence I’ve ever written. 

I don’t think he’ll get it, maybe a Hova hug will help him?

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

I remember watching the NCAA tourney two seasons ago, right after Crean got fired. Wichita State played Dayton and I couldn't help but wonder if one of the two coaches might be headed to B-town. ... We're on an embarrassing skid with the former Dayton coach and Wichita (playing SMU right now on the U) is 8-11. ... Definitely should've gone with Alford (just kidding!) 

9 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Early game today. LIU Brooklyn/Fairleigh Dickinson at 5 on espnu

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Weather related?