Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

3 hours ago, Josh said:

We had 18 points at halftime, they had 15.  Both programs are a mess.  I think it's ok to blame the coaches, but I'm told that's only ok in one case.  

Condesention works both ways.  

C'mon now!  Drew just needs time to get his guys there.  Ya know, to run his system.

You guys should go pat each other’s backs offline. And you better believe Vanderbilt is going to give Drew more time after bringing in one of the top recruiting classes in the country to a perennial house of laughs they call a basketball program.

This doesn’t mean you can’t also believe Drew is a terrible coach.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

You guys should go pat each other’s backs offline. And you better believe Vanderbilt is going to give Drew more time after bringing in one of the top recruiting classes in the country to a perennial house of laughs they call a basketball program.

I’m convinced they’re the same person.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

This is the last I'll say of it in this thread.  I love this board too much to muddy all the waters.

Stuhoo is a good poster and a good mod.  He seems to be very intelligent.  However, he pooped the bed in this thread.  When we're told we can't judge Archie because he hasn't had enough time, yet at the same time we can judge Bryce Drew after just 2.5 years, well, that's just hypocrisy.  That deserves to be called out when every post I make gets called out.  Sorry Stu.  Much love.

You guys can be incredulous all you like to the fact that many people are calling for the head when the performance on the court has been so stinky.  You can think we're dumb, don't understand, or are the same person simply trolling.  That's fine.  If we're going to get called out for it, we might do a little barking back.  Go Hoosiers!

41 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

I think you are missing the entire point about Drew here.  We got people defending Archie...but yet it is alright to call out Drew?  Most of the other comments were sarcasm involving a certain post.  

44 minutes ago, Josh said:

This is the last I'll say of it in this thread.  I love this board too much to muddy all the waters.

Stuhoo is a good poster and a good mod.  He seems to be very intelligent.  However, he pooped the bed in this thread.  When we're told we can't judge Archie because he hasn't had enough time, yet at the same time we can judge Bryce Drew after just 2.5 years, well, that's just hypocrisy.  That deserves to be called out when every post I make gets called out.  Sorry Stu.  Much love.

You guys can be incredulous all you like to the fact that many people are calling for the head when the performance on the court has been so stinky.  You can think we're dumb, don't understand, or are the same person simply trolling.  That's fine.  If we're going to get called out for it, we might do a little barking back.  Go Hoosiers!

I DO NOT THINK that you "can't judge Archie".

I just think that some of your judgments are pretty premature and not true. And that's okay:

It's a line-drawing exercise in which I think it's hugely myopic to render final judgment on Archie at this point, but I also think that Bryce Drew has proven himself to be a lousy coach and program head. Because...the situations are different!

And btw...+1...Go Hoosiers!

I think you are missing the entire point about Drew here.  We got people defending Archie...but yet it is alright to call out Drew?  Most of the other comments were sarcasm involving a certain post.  
people can do whatever they want. If people want to defend Archie and call out Drew that’s their right just like it’s other people’s right to call out Archie. Just because someone disagrees with someone’s post on the matter doesn’t necessarily mean they are calling those people out they are just on the other side of the fence. When I make a post defending Archie and someone post arguments against it are they calling me out or simply disagreeing with my stance. Hypocrites or just someone with a different point of view on various topics?

1 minute ago, Uspshoosier said:

people can do whatever they want. If people want to defend Archie and call out Drew that’s their right just like it’s other people’s right to call out Archie. Just because someone disagrees with someone’s post on the matter doesn’t necessarily mean they are calling those people out they are just on the other side of the fence. When I make a post defending Archie and someone post arguments against it are they calling me out or simply disagreeing with my stance. Hypocrites or just someone with a different point of view on various topics?

I am not disagreeing, just pointing out where Josh is coming from and subsequent posts.

1 minute ago, Hovadipo said:

Right. And in your mind that’s not ok because....? You aren’t happy with Archie? That makes sense. 

Actually, I like/love Archie.  But I do reserve the right to criticize him as I see fit.  I did it with Knight, I did it with Davis, I did it with Sampson, and I did it with Crean.  

Just now, Rico said:

Actually, I like/love Archie.  But I do reserve the right to criticize him as I see fit.  I did it with Knight, I did it with Davis, I did it with Sampson, and I did it with Crean.  

And who said you can’t? People disagreeing with you aren’t saying you *can’t* feel that way, they’re saying they don’t feel that way. It just comes down to whether you take them disagreeing with you personally or not. 

It still begs the question why someone can’t point out that Drew is a bad coach.

4 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

And who said you can’t? People disagreeing with you aren’t saying you *can’t* feel that way, they’re saying they don’t feel that way. It just comes down to whether you take them disagreeing with you personally or not. 

It still begs the question why someone can’t point out that Drew is a bad coach.

Once again, I am seeing where Josh is coming from.  I made my post on Drew.