Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

1 hour ago, Uspshoosier said:

Nova has rebounded nicely from a slow start to the season. Nova up 31 on Seton Hall. Seton Hall is headed in the opposite direction. Losing 5 of 6

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Yeah, I want nothing to do with Nova.  Jay has them clicking right now.  Helluva coach.

40 minutes ago, Hoosier Guy said:

Purdue might very well win at Assembly Hall. They play good team basketball. Sign of a well coached team

Painter gets a bad rap from most IU fans, the guy can coach.  Manages his roster well.  With that being said I think I will have a pork chop for dinner.

Painter gets a bad rap from most IU fans, the guy can coach.  Manages his roster well.  With that being said I think I will have a pork chop for dinner.

He’s a good coach with a ceiling. He doesn’t get the athletes or enough elite talent for more than the occasional Big Ten championship and Sweet 16. He has a good culture with kids working and playing their tails off though.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

9 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

He’s a good coach with a ceiling. He doesn’t get the athletes or enough elite talent for more than the occasional Big Ten championship and Sweet 16. He has a good culture with kids working and playing their tails off though.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Gene Keady 2.0?

Painter is a guy who’s had years and many recruiting cycles to create the culture he wants. He’s got Purdue in a pretty good place as a program. Agree with Aloha - they clearly seem to have a ceiling.

The years he recruited players outside the culture he built they struggled big time. I think they finished last. Some players transferred and he basically kind of had a culture reset within his time at Purdue and brought in that freshman class with Edwards, Thompson, Mathias and Haas. Trust in your culture and good things can happen
I’ve talked with painter a couple times when he was recruiting TJD and at some AAU events. He knows his basketball

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

3 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

That place is just nuts. It takes a brave set of officials to call a fair game there.

I’d say you guys got a pretty fair whistle when we played last week. Being -5 on total fouls seems pretty solid for the road team. 

4 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I’d say you guys got a pretty fair whistle when we played last week. Being -5 on total fouls seems pretty solid for the road team. 

LOL, because total fouls always tell the whole story. Not like you got away with obvious goaltends or anything...

Why don't you just stay over on HSN? I don't go over there as much anymore so I won't have to read your posts.

19 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

LOL, because total fouls always tell the whole story. Not like you got away with obvious goaltends or anything...

Why don't you just stay over on HSN? I don't go over there as much anymore so I won't have to read your posts.

There were bad calls both ways. If Purdue comes away from Assembly Hall called for 5 less fouls, I’d be surprised. 

1 hour ago, Uspshoosier said:

The years he recruited players outside the culture he built they struggled big time. I think they finished last. Some players transferred and he basically kind of had a culture reset within his time at Purdue and brought in that freshman class with Edwards, Thompson, Mathias and Haas. Trust in your culture and good things can happen
I’ve talked with painter a couple times when he was recruiting TJD and at some AAU events. He knows his basketball

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

There was also a story at Villanova with Jay Wright in which he scolded his staff and said he was only gonna recruit kids that they could actually coach up. Turned out ok for them. I have to remind myself quite a bit that I need to reserve my judgement of Archie for when he has a roster full of his players. I think we will see a quality product on the floor. Hell I’ve seen flashes where he’s ran better zone offense, out of bounds plays and calls out of timeouts that were exponentially better than anything we’d seen in the Crean era. The team has been absolutely decimated with injuries as well. 

I love the Journey on the BTN but always hate when IU is featured and they lose. They did a feature on Romeo and Moore football player from Purdue’s friendship growing up. Then proceeded to show Clips of Romeo struggling. It was common knowledge he was a Louisville fan growing up and he confirmed that during the piece. Basically saying he didn’t grow up watching the IU/Purdue rivalry he watched Louisville/Kentucky and was a Louisville fan. He knew IU had 5 banners and Isaiah Thomas played there and coach Crean coached there.