Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

9 minutes ago, Joe DeLow said:

I’ll disagree with only one. The Big 12. It’s actually the weakest it’s been in a few years and holds quite a few mediocre to bad teams after Kansas and Texas Tech. It looks like a 5 bid conference. The Big Ten has a much stronger argument at being the best from top to bottom.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I'm not sure Okie State and W. Virginia would classify as bad teams and they are clearly the weakest in the conference. I'd probably pick them over Illinois, Penn St. or Rutgers looking at schedules and results but that's just me. Iowa St. and K State both had lots of injuries like we have had and are just now getting back to full strength. Both have the talent to make a run at the Big 12. TCU is also missing one of their top players and is still in Top 25 along with with Tech, KU (as always), Iowa St, Oklahoma. 

So it is definitely early but Wichita State has been real bad so far in their first year in the AAC. I never got the love for Marshall. You have to give him some time to recruit to the talent level of that conference, but coaching is usually good enough to overcome that type of stuff. 

Lol, Shaka. Another coach who should of just stayed at the mid-major level. 

So it is definitely early but Wichita State has been real bad so far in their first year in the AAC. I never got the love for Marshall. You have to give him some time to recruit to the talent level of that conference, but coaching is usually good enough to overcome that type of stuff. 

Lol, Shaka. Another coach who should of just stayed at the mid-major level. 

This is their 2nd year in the AAC. Last year they finished 14-4 in conference. They finished 2nd. They also got a 4 seed for the ncaa tourney. This year they are struggling

Agree with you on Marshall. I was never a fan of his

16 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

This is their 2nd year in the AAC. Last year they finished 14-4 in conference. They finished 2nd. They also got a 4 seed for the ncaa tourney. This year they are struggling

Agree with you on Marshall. I was never a fan of his

Thanks for the correction 

Sparty keeps rolling. The B1G regular season will be decided on Feb 24th and March 9th. Sparty/Michigan play twice in the last 2 weeks

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Yeah I love Michigan. I just don’t see them beating MSU that late in the year. MSU looks like a Final Four team. UM looks like they could get there too. Love the competitiveness of this conference.

What do those coaches have in common? They were given time to build a winning culture and program. They busted their butts and recruited players that fit their system and the rest is history. When Izzo lost to Santa Clara, Detroit Mercy, Central Michigan, Fresno St in his first year and Marathon(exhibition game), Detroit again and finishing 9-9 in the B1G both years hopefully some of their fans saw the bigger picture
When Beilein lost to western Kentucky, Harvard, central Michigan going 10-22(5-13) in the first year, going 21-14 9-9 (7th place) in the B1G in the second year (made the tourney and won a game), 15-17(7-11 8th) hopefully some of their fans saw the bigger picture.
Definitely agree it is fun to watch the B1G when most teams are good. As a B1G fan watching only 4 teams make the tourney was a downer

This!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

@USPS I swear most of this board who complains about the instant gratification millennial recruits are the same ones proclaiming Archie ain’t it after 1.5 seasons.

Gotta get that hot take in first so if it turns out to be right they can hit you with the “I told you so” if Archie turns out to be the class of the Big Ten and consistently competing they can always come back with the “I’m happy he improved.”

Despite losing at Michigan and at Maryland (in a very winnable game), I like a lot of what we did in those games and like the direction the program is headed.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Gotta get that hot take in first so if it turns out to be right they can hit you with the “I told you so” if Archie turns out to be the class of the Big Ten and consistently competing they can always come back with the “I’m happy he improved.”

Despite losing at Michigan and at Maryland (in a very winnable game), I like a lot of what we did in those games and like the direction the program is headed.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Yeah man. We get Brooks there is a lot to like of the direction. Are there concerns? Sure. Nobody is perfect. We have to keep improving. From last year to this we are improving. We really need to get in that 4-6 seed area. That’s the type of team we have and what most expected. From there anything can happen in the tournament. Go into next year needing to improve on this season. Losing Romeo and Juwan obviously won’t be easy, but getting that year growth for everyone else and bringing in what we expect. That’s all I am hoping for.

8 minutes ago, Joe DeLow said:

Will be at the game tonight. 2-0 in the games I’ve been to. Gotta make it 3-0. Cant lose home games.

Wait; are the other two Chicago St and Jacksonville-ish, or does the athletic department need to look into requiring your mandatory attendance to insure wins?

2 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

As per every year, when IU goes down the drain my overall interest levels wanes. Tonight was a step in that direction.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Ace Combat 7 comes out on Friday. Going to be hard to watch this “basketball”. With that beckoning.