Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Conference games are just a different animal. The Big Ten is tough with 0 easy wins. If you don't bring it every night you can get beat by any team in the league.

I still say we have a good chance at Maryland because they can (and will) go "roll the ball out and play" mode. I think if we get them frustrated on offense their defense will slack. They're talented and at home but they're bigs are young. I'm counting on JMo getting them in foul trouble.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Conference games are just a different animal. The Big Ten is tough with 0 easy wins. If you don't bring it every night you can get beat by any team in the league.

I still say we have a good chance at Maryland because they can (and will) go "roll the ball out and play" mode. I think if we get them frustrated on offense their defense will slack. They're talented and at home but they're bigs are young. I'm counting on JMo getting them in foul trouble.

Completely agree, while the team may struggle to defend Fernando down low I think Archie has these guys respond well and we get the road victory.

To your point about the Big Ten as well, many were annoyed that some of our Quad 1 wins might fade into Q2. However the Big Ten is so deep this year that most nights will have the possibility to be a quadrant one victory. Should be a fun but daunting two and a half months.

Butler loses
Arkansas loses at home
Louisville loses
NW loses at home

Marquette wins a good one

Rough SOS day for our Hoosiers.

Houston NET #4 lost to NET #60 Temple. Not a terrible loss but they don't have a ton of opportunities for quality wins like IU does.

Auburn NET #13 lost to NET #34 Ole Miss, not bad but a loss.

O$U NET #28 lost to NET #132, ouch but still not too terrible.

There will be plenty of opportunities for IU to get quality wins and not many bad losses still out there.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

McDAA roster released 1/24. TJD and Keion Brooks both likely to make roster. Stay tuned.

And the worlds best recruiter drew only has two recruits and ranked past 100. Id say drew was a one year wonder.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

His roster management (or mismanagement) is going to drive them up a wall. That was probably his biggest failure here. His personality just burns people out after awhile. When I think of Crean in a workplace setting, I think of that guy who has a gazillion sticky notes on his desk, three or four different stacks of papers piled up, 10 tabs open on his computer, an overflowing trash can, a cell phone in one hand, a work phone in the other, and three or four people waiting to talk to him because he hasn't planned ahead or prioritized anything. People at Indiana got sick of it, and people at Georgia will too.

Well said sir but like someone had mentioned, you forgot about the Diet Coke haha

15 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

What a night of hoops. Wow. Crazy endings everywhere. This is why the multiple tv setup is a must. College basketball always delivers

Hey Usps, found you a new tv to watch colleg BB!

https://www.techradar.com/news/samsungs-monstrous-microled-tv-will-be-available-in-75-and-219-inches

On 1/9/2019 at 1:15 PM, TheWatShot said:

His roster management (or mismanagement) is going to drive them up a wall. That was probably his biggest failure here. His personality just burns people out after awhile. When I think of Crean in a workplace setting, I think of that guy who has a gazillion sticky notes on his desk, three or four different stacks of papers piled up, 10 tabs open on his computer, an overflowing trash can, a cell phone in one hand, a work phone in the other, and three or four people waiting to talk to him because he hasn't planned ahead or prioritized anything. People at Indiana got sick of it, and people at Georgia will too.

That's exactly right!  I knew people in athletics during Crean's time here, and they called it "Crean Fatigue".  It's very real haha

That’s a monster. I always love CES tech show. Always shows off new TVs, projectors and other tech. My guess is the 219 inch would be over 100,000 dollars. Mrs USPS would not approve