Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Should be 15. Nevada is a second half team. Someone will get them on the road in conference.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Evidently not a 2nd half team in this game. Basketball is funny. I watched New Mexico lose to New Mexico St by 40 and lose at home to North Texas and Penn. New Mexico up 24 with 4:30 to go

Me and Jamiehoo watching the end of the Nevada New Mexico game.

The New Mexico player rebounds a missed shot with four seconds left. We replayed it slowly: he took 12 steps with no whistle while the celebration started. Got to be some kind of a no-call traveling record! 

Just now, Hardwood83 said:

5%....will leave a mark. Also, I can't help but notice you didn't mention deflections. 

haha, yep, the article i read happened to leave out the deflection number...maybe it's written on a dry erase cue board somewhere. 

Me and Jamiehoo watching the end of the Nevada New Mexico game.
The New Mexico player rebounds a missed shot with four seconds left. We replayed it slowly: he took 12 steps with no whistle while the celebration started. Got to be some kind of a no-call traveling record! 

DWade accepts that challenge.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Out in my neck of the woods ... 

Western Kentucky takes a 21-0 lead on Old Dominion -- a 21-0 lead -- and loses. How on earth do you score the game's first 21 points, then lose? Crazy! 

https://pilotonline.com/sports/college/old-dominion/basketball/article_1a6c2a6e-1153-11e9-ac6c-fbc427c6e37d.html

Out in my neck of the woods ... 

Western Kentucky takes a 21-0 lead on Old Dominion -- a 21-0 lead -- and loses. How on earth do you score the game's first 21 points, then lose? Crazy! 

https://pilotonline.com/sports/college/old-dominion/basketball/article_1a6c2a6e-1153-11e9-ac6c-fbc427c6e37d.html

2nd time this year that’s happened. Stony Brook was down 22-0 to George Washington and ended up winning in OT.
The record is New Mexico St was down 28-0 to Bradley in 1977 and won 117-109 in OT.

11 hours ago, hoosierdogg said:

Wisconsin loses two in a row, at WKU and at home to Minnesota, still at 20 in kenpom. Hoosiers have won 7 straight and are 28?

Kennypom applies a lot of subjective filters to iron things out. Guess where he’s an alum?

16 hours ago, TXHoosierDaddy said:

Despite having the #23 recruiting class according to 247 sports, the 2016 class has been rather disappointing.

Gelon - never should have had a schollie. Typical Crean.

Davis - Unfortunate with the injury but has never been in the type of game shape to stay on the floor long enough to really contribute

CuJo - Really only remember his first game against KU other than that was hardly memorable 

Green - Still way too inconsistent. Good Devonte one day and then bad Devonte the next

McSwain - Improved a lot his senior year and really contributed but was pretty much a non-factor his junior year

Devonte reminds me of Troy Williams he can be good and bad.

Kennypom applies a lot of subjective filters to iron things out. Guess where he’s an alum?

That subjective filter (or preseason rating as he calls it) is phased out during the year... it should be pretty minimal at this point, and according to his site is eliminated 73 days after the first game of the year, which would be January 18th if my math is correct.