Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

38 minutes ago, KingPG21 said:

Bill Walton is pretty great

Bill’s really rolling.

He looks baked.

Talked about a question he asked players and could not remember their answers.

Went off on Falwell’s Liberty University.  Called UCLA scheduling them “a stain on the university” and said look up their history.

Wooden talk.

UCLA talk

50% of his commentary pertains to events that happened in the 60’s, 70’s or 89’s.

Talks about his past history

Occassionally talks about the game.

etc. etc.

Bill’s really rolling.
He looks baked.
Talked about a question he asked players and could not remember their answers.
Went off on Falwell’s Liberty University.  Called UCLA scheduling them “a stain on the university” and said look up their history.
Wooden talk.
UCLA talk
50% of his commentary pertains to events that happened in the 60’s, 70’s or 89’s.
Talks about his past history
Occassionally talks about the game.
etc. etc.

The 89’s was my favorite era too

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

8 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

The announcers in this UCLA/Stanford game.........

Bill Walton is particularly crazy tonight and his counterpart is just plain annoyed by him.

Wow.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Always just say no.

Watched a Pacers game he called back in the day at Sacramento when they had Webber and that bunch. The Pacers might as well have been the Washington Generals. Spent 4 solid quarters gushing about the beauty of Kings basketball. Just rapturous. Oh yeah, Pacers won by double digits.

while I’m confident that Bill is a good dude, his grasp on reality is....tenuous.

8 hours ago, yogisballin said:

Is this sarcasm? I’m sure he is a fine fellow but when it comes to watching a game he is commentating, I’ll pass

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

He's fun for a few minutes, but gets old pretty quick. I wonder if he is actually high or just like that all the time? He sounds about the same every game. 

Jon Rothstein‏Verified account @JonRothstein 

Penn State has suspended head coach Pat Chambers for Sunday night's game against Wisconsin following his actions Thursday night against Michigan, per release.

Penn State coach Patrick Chambers is suspended for this weekend’s game vs Wisconsin after shoving a player during a timeout huddle at Michigan last night.

DwGuVnRWkAAsK4V.jpg

4 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Jon Rothstein‏Verified account @JonRothstein 

Penn State has suspended head coach Pat Chambers for Sunday night's game against Wisconsin following his actions Thursday night against Michigan, per release.

Penn State coach Patrick Chambers is suspended for this weekend’s game vs Wisconsin after shoving a player during a timeout huddle at Michigan last night.

DwGuVnRWkAAsK4V.jpg

Imagine...that’s the same punishment they gave JoePa!  This will be Chambers last season. Unfortunate - I thought he kinda fit there ok.

16 minutes ago, Deserthoozier said:

Imagine...that’s the same punishment they gave JoePa!  This will be Chambers last season. Unfortunate - I thought he kinda fit there ok.

They will not do any better than Chambers, that's for sure. 

1 hour ago, jk34 said:

They will not do any better than Chambers, that's for sure. 

That’s not true. Chambers did get screwed by Carr leaving early and then bouncing to Italy, because they probably would have competed for the conference rather than being in the basement, but he’s not a great coach even by Penn State standards. Chambers was finally able to tap into some of the talent out of Philly, but it hasn’t amounted to even one NCAAT berth.

Penn state is hurt by their lack of basketball culture and geographical diasadvantages being so far from the state’s major cities, but they could be better if they wanted. The school has a ton of money, at least now after the Sandusky fallout has passed, and a commitment to a lot of its sports. They essentially bought themselves into relevancy with both hockey and wrestling, and if they actually cared they could do the same for basketball.

In some ways PSU and IU are polar opposites from the basketball/football standpoint, but unlike football you only need a few players to be competitive in basketball. There’s no reason why Penn State couldn’t open up the check book and get someone decent after this year’s tournament. Even a Bruce Weber -level coach would help them.