Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Agree on their ranking and they have good wins but... I don’t think KSU is that good.

On the flip side, they have a loss against a top 5 team, we have a loss against an top 5 team. They have a loss against a previously unranked, now ranked, team on the road and we have a loss against an unranked, still unranked, team on the road. The point differential was different but close to the same thing.

Their wins against Wisconsin and Buffalo are the difference.

If you really wanted to make the argument the other way you could but I believe Marquette should still be ranked higher(better) than us.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

As of today both are projected a 4 seed. Their resumes are really close. Because of head to head I have IU-13 and Marquette-15 in the S-Curve seed line.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Yup - regardless, similar teams, but Marquette has more... “marquee” wins on paper. Makes it easy to move them up the polls.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Depends on your definition of Marquee. If you are saying Ap top 25 wins then yes Marquette has more but if you are using the NET ranking that the selection committee uses then IU has the better resume in my opinion
Marquette has 3 Quad 1 wins (2 at home, 1 neutral), 1 Quad 2 win. 0 road wins
IU has 4 Quad 1 wins (2 at home, 1-neutral, 1 road win) and 1 Quad 2 win
Both have 4 top 50 NET wins but IU has 5 Ken Pom top 50 wins which is one more then Marquette. Add in IU’s head to head win and in my opinion IU has the slightly better resume
NET rankings change daily so this will change
Regardless both teams have impressive resumes in the non-conference

TCU player just got T’d up for saying give my that sh.. after he blocked a shot. I’ve heard kids say that for the last 5 years and never seen a T called. Sycamores down 5 with 4:30 to go in first half

18 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

TCU player just got T’d up for saying give my that sh.. after he blocked a shot. I’ve heard kids say that for the last 5 years and never seen a T called. Sycamores down 5 with 4:30 to go in first half

Have to say if you could hear it audibly on television, that is probably the reason for it.

1 hour ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

Yes, was implying a lot of those voters aren’t paying much attention and the AP ranking is what will stand out to anyone with a pulse. I think they’re fairly equivalent teams resume wise despite us throttling them.

Right now only two conferences have played any conference games -- the Big Ten (which has played two games each) and the Southern conference (which has played one).  What we end up with is a lot of non-conference games that are mismatches, making it harded to move up the rankings if you weren't there to begin with.

Personally, I hate the 20 game conference schedule.  With that many conference games, it encourages teams to load up on cupcakes to accumulate wins.  Take Purdue for example.....they played a really tough non-conference schedule and struggled.  This year, a .500 conference record should easily get you into the tournament.....don't think they will if they finish .500.

On 12/25/2018 at 1:44 PM, Walking Boot of Doom said:

They’ve beaten Louisville, #12 KSU, #12 Wisconsin, and #14 Buffalo. Impressive resume of high profile games. I’m not really surprised. We’ve beaten Louisville and #24 Marquette. It’s fairly clear how they’re ranked ahead of us, in my opinion.

I could see it IF we had only beat them by 5-7 points at the house but we absolutely destroyed them. 

19 hours ago, brumdog45 said:

Have to say if you could hear it audibly on television, that is probably the reason for it.

Probably not a whole lot of noise going on in that building honestly. That didn't help I'm sure. 

So I had this weird dream last night. IU was playing Loyola at home (not the Sister Jean Loyola; the Loyola who came in and smacked us around in Crean's early years). Something was wrong with the court. Guys kept slipping and falling, no matter how many times the floor got wiped. There was talk about suspending the game. Being the injury-prone team we are, we had three players hobble to the locker room after falling. We had a 10 point lead at halftime. Then in the second half, our patented "bombs away" three point defense made an appearance, and Loyola went absolutely nuts from deep. Circus shots, horse shots, everything they threw up went in. Juwan Morgan scored and got fouled with 6:25 left to bring us within 78-73. I then woke up, took a deep breath and realized it was just a dream.

Just felt like sharing.

38 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

So I had this weird dream last night. IU was playing Loyola at home (not the Sister Jean Loyola; the Loyola who came in and smacked us around in Crean's early years). Something was wrong with the court. Guys kept slipping and falling, no matter how many times the floor got wiped. There was talk about suspending the game. Being the injury-prone team we are, we had three players hobble to the locker room after falling. We had a 10 point lead at halftime. Then in the second half, our patented "bombs away" three point defense made an appearance, and Loyola went absolutely nuts from deep. Circus shots, horse shots, everything they threw up went in. Juwan Morgan scored and got fouled with 6:25 left to bring us within 78-73. I then woke up, took a deep breath and realized it was just a dream.

Just felt like sharing.

That sounds more like a nightmare.  The regular kind, not the Crean-Syracuse kind where you never wake up.