Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

2 hours ago, Bobman1 said:

How clean do we think Sampson is at Houston? If they win this one they might be undefeated for awhile.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I mean, the phone calls that got him in trouble is no longer an NCAA infraction. So I have no reason to believe he is running a dirty program.  He's always been a hell of a basketball coach. 

3 hours ago, triple said:

Let's not forget that the violations were just part of the problem.  It didn't take long after his departure to learn that several of his players were failing their classes and there were many reports of drug usage.  He could coach to be sure, but the culture he enabled was not a good fit for the IU program.  

Oh I absolutely agree 100%. I was just talking in terms of recruiting type violations. 

Cal goes to the NBA. Kentucky hires Hoiberg. Hoiberg continues about 50% of Cals recruiting with a couple 5 stars a year and fills it out with 3-4 year guys and transfers. Old UK fans are happy to see familiar faces after a year. He stays for a few years if able to win(which he was able to at Iowa State). Cal go to the Bulls. They keep sucking. He gets fired. Cal goes to UCLA after they fire Alford.
Though if Cal leaves, I think Kentucky goes after Donovan. All of the elite coaches are older guys who aren’t leaving for anywhere. Your best up and comers are already at big schools. I don’t think Kentucky would take a chance at an up and comer from a small school. They’ll will pay to steal away from a school like Ohio State with Holtmann. I couple of years ago I would have said White at Florida but Florida hasn’t been very good recently. Kentucky will try and get someone who will appeal to recruits. Maybe Penny Hardaway if he does well the next couple years at Memphis?

Penny went to Memphis when it was Memphis State. He can recruit there. Why would he go to Kentucky for the added stress? If they hired Hoiberg the locals would be up in arms. I see them going big game hunting with an established coach.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Archie says Race is nowhere near ready to resume normal basketball activities. What the hell kinda concussion did he get?

He was knocked out it sounds like. We’ve talked extensively about how severe concussions can be. Glad he’s getting the time he needs to recover.

Calipari told the team to act like they won the Seton Hall game, because they got better and he was encouraged and if one shot is different he figures we (media) aren’t here today asking him about recruiting four-year players. So act like we won, he told the players.
Kyle Tucker

Lol. Rough times

Cal was successful at Memphis and had John Wall and Boogie Cousins going there as well. He could recruit at a high level and took it to another level at UK. Penny could do the same. Cal even went to a Final Four at Memphis.

Cal didn’t have the deep ties Penny has to that area. He has lived there his whole life. Played basketball his whole life there. Went back after he because a star. Not as simple as Calipari. NBA? Maybe if he is good enough but I don’t see him going to UK

3 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Ain’t gonna lie. The atmosphere to start this Kansas game was nice.

Real nice. That song they were playing and the crowd... emoji106.pngemoji106.pngemoji106.png

No need to be shy about acknowledging an iconic venue, especially when its rocking. Allen Fieldhouse is at the top of my college facilities bucket list tour that I'm planning.