Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

2 hours ago, Class of said:
And another DNP for Jahvon Quinerly.

Doesn’t look like he will be there  much longer
Had an Instagram story up where it said “was my second choice for a reason” of course it is deleted now

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, southsidehoosier said:

Can we stop ranking Nova now?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Well, they plummeted all the way to #20 on KenPom. 3 losses, including 2 to teams outside the top 100 and they’re still at 20. Of course, 4 loss Purdue is at 14. I’m usually a numbers guy, but actual wins and losses really should mean a little something.

A little off the current topic of overrated Nova, but regarding another (previously) overrated team in Purdoo....

A buddy of mine at work mentioned today he has some friends who know Matt Painter and he let them come and watch practice recently. They told him it's basically Carsen Edwards and then everyone else. He does what he wants (or doesn't want) to do. One example he gave was when Painter made the team run for something he wasn't happy with, but Edwards just went over to the side to shoot while the rest of the team ran. There was no obvious reason for him to be excluded. They told him Edwards did several things separate from the team during practice that day.

Now that example could just be a flash in the pan, but that's pretty much the way they look in games. 1) Carsen 2) Everyone else. I wonder if there's some friction up in WL.

A little off the current topic of overrated Nova, but regarding another (previously) overrated team in Purdoo....

A buddy of mine at work mentioned today he has some friends who know Matt Painter and he let them come and watch practice recently. They told him it's basically Carsen Edwards and then everyone else. He does what he wants (or doesn't want) to do. One example he gave was when Painter made the team run for something he wasn't happy with, but Edwards just went over to the side to shoot while the rest of the team ran. There was no obvious reason for him to be excluded. They told him Edwards did several things separate from the team during practice that day.

Now that example could just be a flash in the pan, but that's pretty much the way they look in games. 1) Carsen 2) Everyone else. I wonder if there's some friction up in WL.

Bracey Wright II???

9 hours ago, HinnyHoosier said:

If that is true, that has to absolutely kill team chemistry.

If I was the coach, I wouldn't allow that.

If I was Edwards, I wouldn't allow that.

1 minute ago, bigrod said:

If that is true, that has to absolutely kill team chemistry.

If I was the coach, I wouldn't allow that.

If I was Edwards, I wouldn't allow that.

Context is important here though. I have no idea why Edwards wasn't participating, but I highly doubt it's just him saying, 'nope, I don't feel like running.' I'm sure there's a reason behind it. 

Obviously this isn't the reason for Edwards, but my senior year of high school my coach would sometimes have me sit out portions on practice. I was tall (6'6") and lanky (190lbs) and played huge minutes, basically only coming out if I was in foul trouble, and I lost a lot of weight at the beginning of the season (dropped to 170 in 3 weeks), so it was more of a preservation move by our coach. I'd sit out gym class (coach was gym teacher) also and eat and watch film and sit out of some running during practice. 

Again, that's not the reason for Edwards obviously, just saying sometimes it's a decision by the staff to preserve a guy who has a high minutes/usage rate. It's a long season and you don't want to burn him out. You do run the risk of some chemistry issues of course, but I'd be surprised if it's just Edwards opting out, that would actually shock me. 

53 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Context is important here though. I have no idea why Edwards wasn't participating, but I highly doubt it's just him saying, 'nope, I don't feel like running.' I'm sure there's a reason behind it. 

Obviously this isn't the reason for Edwards, but my senior year of high school my coach would sometimes have me sit out portions on practice. I was tall (6'6") and lanky (190lbs) and played huge minutes, basically only coming out if I was in foul trouble, and I lost a lot of weight at the beginning of the season (dropped to 170 in 3 weeks), so it was more of a preservation move by our coach. I'd sit out gym class (coach was gym teacher) also and eat and watch film and sit out of some running during practice. 

Again, that's not the reason for Edwards obviously, just saying sometimes it's a decision by the staff to preserve a guy who has a high minutes/usage rate. It's a long season and you don't want to burn him out. You do run the risk of some chemistry issues of course, but I'd be surprised if it's just Edwards opting out, that would actually shock me. 

Yeah, that's what I was trying to say. I just didn't do as good of a job as you did!

Nothing I've seen of them makes me think they'll beat Kansas. Does Nova have any quad 1 wins at this point?

Kansas is interesting. They have struggled at home with some teams they shouldn’t of struggled with. Stanford should of beat them in regulation and New Mexico St gave was in the game until the end. Nova despite its own struggles is better then those teams. I wouldn’t be shocked if Nova won Saturday

31 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Quade Green transferring out of the currently ...ahem.."problematic" UK program.

They are down to nine scholly players, none of which are effective at shooting from distance. In fact, of the four guards that remain on their roster, the current highest 3pt shooting percentage is 28%.

Oh, and they're about to get to the far tougher part of their schedule.

Happiness

Haven't followed them much this year... what happened to the other 3 scholly players? More transfers? Injuries? Red-shirts?

DOWN WITH THE CATS!!! I hope every team in the SEC beats them! & UofL too!

3 minutes ago, Str8Hoosiers said:

Haven't followed them much this year... what happened to the other 3 scholly players? More transfers? Injuries? Red-shirts?

DOWN WITH THE CATS!!! I hope every team in the SEC beats them! & UofL too!

They rarely keep more than ten or eleven scholly players; the 'five star only' model sells much better if there is a clear path to playing time, and not many four stars want to be four year back end of the bench players.