Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

15 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

Would be at 31. Behind wait for it.....Marquette and Purdue?????

Sent from my Pixel XL using BtownBanners mobile app

Purdue makes no sense what so ever. They aren't good and they've played like it. Can't even make the argument they've done more on the court, cause they haven't. I can see Marquette, but we ran them out of the building

Purdue makes no sense what so ever. They aren't good and they've played like it. Can't even make the argument they've done more on the court, cause they haven't. I can see Marquette, but we ran them out of the building

I think they're a solid team (purdue) but who have they beat? They got a home win vs. Maryland and blown out at Michigan. They lost to Texas, Florida State, and Virginia Tech. Do they have a good to great noncon win?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I almost spit out my water looking at the Top 25's his week.. Total lack of respect for IU and some real head scratchers. But I think these things work themselves out. Beat Butler on Saturday, then take care of business at home, and IU is sitting at 12-2 going into Michigan with a chance to vault themselves up the polls.

7 minutes ago, Baltimore Hoosier said:

I almost spit out my water looking at the Top 25's his week.. Total lack of respect for IU and some real head scratchers. But I think these things work themselves out. Beat Butler on Saturday, then take care of business at home (and @ Ill), and IU is sitting at 12-2 going into Michigan with a chance to vault themselves up the polls.

I agree, but I think that Duke game left a mark. You can (accurately) talk about how talented Duke is all day, but IU wasn't competitive in that game and looked weak and scared. I believe that left an impression. All they can do it win now. 

4 minutes ago, Hardwood83 said:

I agree, but I think that Duke game left a mark. You can (accurately) talk about how talented Duke is all day, but IU wasn't competitive in that game and looked weak and scared. I believe that left an impression. All they can do it win now. 

Definitely left a mark with National voters who watched the game. That's the only thing I can think of. Agreed about winning. Go into Michigan 12-2 and come out with a win, and we are sitting in the top 10.  

43 minutes ago, Baltimore Hoosier said:

I almost spit out my water looking at the Top 25's his week.. Total lack of respect for IU and some real head scratchers. But I think these things work themselves out. Beat Butler on Saturday, then take care of business at home, and IU is sitting at 12-2 going into Michigan with a chance to vault themselves up the polls.

I like them being the underdog to be honest. I laugh that O$U and Iowa are as high as they are. 

3 minutes ago, Ranger78 said:

Who is this clown - Graham Couch? He has Kansas, Duke, Tenn, Auburn as NR. Come on Man ...

They should take away his vote.

https://www.lansingstatejournal.com/story/sports/columnists/graham-couch/2018/12/10/graham-couch-ap-top-25-college-basketball-ballot-why-duke-kansas-tennessee-didnt-make/2264942002/

Interesting explanation.

54 minutes ago, Baltimore Hoosier said:

I don't agree with him, but I like his explanation and give him props for explaining it so clearly. And I respect that he actually has a method to his madness. I do agree with him that a 'road' win should weigh a lot more into the equation.

18 hours ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

Carsen is legit. Don't see the hate on him. He has to shoot that much because they have nothing around him...hence more turnovers. Eastern is a bust so far. I think Haarms is nothing more than a role player. Future not looking good in West Lafayette. Painter couldn't get past the Sweet 16 with that "great" senior class and Swanigan the last few years. If they miss the NCAA's this year he could be on the hot seat going into next season. Archie stealing the in-state kids is hurting him. Hunter, Gillis, and Thompson are probably role players at IU (like Damezi or Jake). PU is expecting them to get major minutes from day 1. I think stealing Rob from them was huge and isn't talked about enough. He is left with the scraps except for Newman. I think he could be really good. 

Seems to me that he is ‘meeting expectations’ there! ; )

1 hour ago, Baltimore Hoosier said:

It's still dumb.  He's just doing it for the site clicks. If he was serious, he would just rank them lower based on that criteria.  It's ridiculous not to have Duke, Tenn, Kansas, etc. ranked at all.