Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

What word would you use to describe it?

Ahhh, I see what you mean. I thought you were saying it’d be a weak/down year for the conference. I agree, it’s gonna be a deep dogfight among half to 3 quarters of the conference.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

So who is going to hire Fred Hoiberg?
My shortlist:
Maryland
Texas
St. John’s
USC
UCLA

He played the fast paced offense at Iowa State. Any of those schools could be looking for a change after this season.

My vote is UCLA

Sent from my Pixel XL using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, Joe DeLow said:

My shortlist:

Maryland

Texas

St. John’s

USC

UCLA

He played the fast paced offense at Iowa State. Any of those schools could be looking for a change after this season.

I don't see Turgeon, Shaka or the USC coach losing their jobs this year. The USC coach has the #1 recruiting class in 2019. 

UCLA makes a lot of sense. 

Yeah that list isn’t the best.

USC, Texas, Maryland, and St Johns either having good season or good recruiting classes or both.

UCLA is always a possibility but I’m not convinced they are going to tank this year, although the natives are getting restless.

2 hours ago, Joe DeLow said:

My shortlist:

Maryland

Texas

St. John’s

USC

UCLA

Where is Mullen going?

Edit: I now see a bunch have beat me to this. Emphasis, I guess. 

The Shaka experiment is failing. Maryland consistently underperforms. St. John’s just isn’t good. USC has massively underperformed. UCLA is getting itchy.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Out of all of them the only team that will most likely be looking for a coach is UCLA. But the others just don’t have hot seats.

For what it's worth, Goodman goes on to say that he thinks Hoiberg's style is more suited for the Big Ten. If a coaching spot were to open up.

He is the type of coach that would scare me at Illinois. Willing to recruit Chicago. Style of play. NBA coach locally.

5 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

He is the type of coach that would scare me at Illinois. Willing to recruit Chicago. Style of play. NBA coach locally.

Completely agree. Could awaken a sleeping giant. It is enough for me to hope Underwood does reasonable well this year. However, I don't think he is very well liked in Chicago atm.

2 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

People have called Illinois a sleeping giant for over a decade now. Most Chicago recruits and their parents aren't interested in Illinois. It's that simple.

To be fair. Some of us have called IU a sleeping giant for decades now. 

But, it has been a long time since a coach has locked down the boarders like Arch has!