Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

4 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

ESPN has a limited deal with Big Ten thus bias for other conferences 

Also owns big part of ACC broadcasts...so, is promo propaganda mouth piece for both them and SEC. Resents BTN’s independence. Starts to explain a lot of what you see/hear on there.

12 minutes ago, Deserthoozier said:

Also owns big part of ACC broadcasts...so, is promo propaganda mouth piece for both them and SEC. Resents BTN’s independence. Starts to explain a lot of what you see/hear on there.

Also makes you wonder why Big Ten players never seem to stay as high in rankings 

Wait, are people just now figuring this stuff out?! ESPN shouldn't be without blame in the whole pay for play of college basketball. They've been benefiting from it for a long time as well. They're recruiting "gurus" know the game (runners who are lining recruits up for schools) and that's why they can pump out articles where kids are most likely going to end up. It benefits ESPN greatly to have the top 3 recruits in "their" conference.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Wild performance from Furman’s Jordan Lyons tonight.  15-for-34  from 3-point range, finished with 54 points.  Most points by anyone since Jodie Meeks in 2009, and the new D1 record for most 3-point attempts in a game.

Kid from Robert Morris hit 15 yesterday as well

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I noticed that Penn St is playing without Watkins again tonight; he’s out indefinitely with mental health/substance abuse issues, but is practicing with the team.

its a nice break for the Hoosiers; we only play Penn St once (in State College) and it’s on December 4th.

Memphis basketball player Karim Sameh Azab has passed away at age 22 just seven months after announcing he had leukemia.

Terrible news, thoughts and prayers for his family, friends, and basketball family. Cancer sucks!

B1G starting the season off a heck of lot better then they did last year. These early non conference games are huge for conferences.

Great win for Iowa, not a good loss by Penn State.

Great win for Iowa, not a good loss by Penn State.

Chambers draws up the last play in OT for someone other then Stevens. Freshman ends up air-balling the last shot. I’ve actually kind of liked watching DePaul since last year Butz (Indiana kid)is getting some big minutes and contributing, he had 15 rebs tonight and Strus is fun to watch.