Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Just now, Uspshoosier said:

I’m going to play the part of a Non IU fan. “Dang that freshman point guard Phinisee has the “it” factor. Rankings got it wrong with him. He is the real deal

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Diaper dandy, babyyy!

I’m going to play the part of a Non IU fan. “Dang that freshman point guard Phinisee has the “it” factor. Rankings got it wrong with him. He is the real deal

This summer I wanted Garland first, then Akinjo, and was happy with Phinisee although I liked the other 2 better. As the HS progressed my optimism for RP went up.

All 3 guys are studs. I’m not sure RP is better than the other 2, but he his legitimately a heck of a freshman guard. I really like him, and love the fact we are likely to get 4 years of RP.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

True.

I went to several 247 team sites and a lot were talking him up. Recruiting is hard and for us fans that don’t have a chance to evaluate them all year like coaches do. We have to rely on others and stats unless you have personally see these recruits play. All of those pgs u mentioned will have terrible nights moving forward and look nothing like a stud pg. last year I watched Waters look like an all-American and then the next game was like 2-15 with 5 points and they got crushed. Archie wanted Rob and he got him and it looks like good news for all Hoosier fans.

I went to several 247 team sites and a lot were talking him up. Recruiting is hard and for us fans that don’t have a chance to evaluate them all year like coaches do. We have to rely on others and stats unless you have personally see these recruits play. All of those pgs u mentioned will have terrible nights moving forward and look nothing like a stud pg. last year I watched Waters look like an all-American and then the next game was like 2-15 with 5 points and they got crushed. Archie wanted Rob and he got him and it looks like good news for all Hoosier fans.

I suppose this is true. But Archie wanted Garland too and maybe Akinjo as well. We don’t know exactly how it went. Archie has earned my trust and recruits guys that can play.

Crean was a wildcard.

I enjoy playing the part of a scout and eyeballing these recruits and “sort of guessing” who I think is better, then watching to see if my instincts are correct. Just a fun thing for me to do.

Phinisee is a stud. Better than I anticipated, and I didn’t have low expectations. Very happy camper.

I suppose this is true. But Archie wanted Garland too and maybe Akinjo as well. We don’t know exactly how it went. Archie has earned my trust and recruits guys that can play.

Crean was a wildcard.

I enjoy playing the part of a scout and eyeballing these recruits and “sort of guessing” who I think is better, then watching to see if my instincts are correct. Just a fun thing for me to do.

Phinisee is a stud. Better than I anticipated, and I didn’t have low expectations. Very happy camper.

Right there with you on playing scout. Very fun thing to do. Needless to say the basketball program we love is in good hands

The Arkansas game is going to be a hell of a lot harder than the Marquette game. Marquette is the type of team we could bully. Arkansas is going to be tough at home. Hopefully these guys, especially the guards, step up and handle the pressure. If the guards struggle it’ll be a long day. Another point of emphasis should be putting pressure on their big man. He’s averaging 6 turnovers a game right now.

They do not look too deep, Gafford their big man is good but like you said turnover prone with the double teams. Bailey and Jones each had 20+ last game. If we get some of their players in foul trouble looks like a bigger drop off in talent

Sent from my Pixel XL using BtownBanners mobile app

take this for what its worth....I just read the "American Family Insurance All-American Boys Basketball Team picks...They left TJD and Keion out. I hope they come here and dominate..... 

Its weird how much ESPN is pushing Garland at Vandy and not really saying anything about Romeo here. Been watching the games today for the Charleston classic, heard Garland's name a good amount, no mention of IU or Romeo. I guess since Vandy is straight garbage last year the leap they made is bigger?

Its weird how much ESPN is pushing Garland at Vandy and not really saying anything about Romeo here. Been watching the games today for the Charleston classic, heard Garland's name a good amount, no mention of IU or Romeo. I guess since Vandy is straight garbage last year the leap they made is bigger?

Espn runs the SEC network.