Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

It's a long season.  I don't put too much weight on one game, and especially the first game of the season.  I know Duke looks unbeatable, but remember when Indiana opened against #3 Kansas and Curtis Jones went crazy.  Crean's fate would be sealed at the end of that season by missing the tournament.  

Lotta hoops left to be played. 

I think Archie will have the boys ready.  He breeds a tougher team that what we've seen in the past.  They don't play entitled.  Duke will be really tough to beat, but we'll bring it.   

16 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

I work with a pUKe fan.  To entertain myself I printed 118-84 and set it on his keyboard while he was away.  This'll be fun.

I already printed a color photo of the Laettner shot and taped it to his monitor last year.  Next step, Watshot.

I suggest printing and posting this tweet from Doug Gottlieb. Kentucky fans LOVE Doug Gottlieb:

Story will rightfully be about Duke, but some part should go to Kentucky’s lack of PG despite 3 who people think are PGs. Also Hero is a shot nut who doesn’t defend. Travis is a traditional low post big who doesn’t move/defend well nor does he fit w/UK style

5 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I suggest printing and posting this tweet from Doug Gottlieb. Kentucky fans LOVE Doug Gottlieb:

Story will rightfully be about Duke, but some part should go to Kentucky’s lack of PG despite 3 who people think are PGs. Also Hero is a shot nut who doesn’t defend. Travis is a traditional low post big who doesn’t move/defend well nor does he fit w/UK style

Can't.  UK tears aren't worth reading what he thinks 

It's a long season.  I don't put too much weight on one game, and especially the first game of the season.  I know Duke looks unbeatable, but remember when Indiana opened against #3 Kansas and Curtis Jones went crazy.  Crean's fate would be sealed at the end of that season by missing the tournament.  
Lotta hoops left to be played. 
I think Archie will have the boys ready.  He breeds a tougher team that what we've seen in the past.  They don't play entitled.  Duke will be really tough to beat, but we'll bring it.   

We also beat UNC, the Natl Champs, that year too.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

One thing college basketball needs to look into is following up opening night with some better games the next couple of nights. You have the momentum of opening night with duke/Kentucky and other good games and the next 2 nights have a bunch cannon fodder games. Capitalize on that momentum and keep the ball rolling. Northwestern/New Orleans only game on tv tonight. Northwestern only up 6 close to halftime

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Don’t judge me
I just watched the last half of a Stephen F Austin/ Southwestern Assemblies of God game. SFA won by 1 on a free throw with 2 sec left. SFA has some home cooking to get the foul call. I’m guessing the refs just wanted to call it a night. Fun game

3 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Gotta love the gushing over Shaka Smart's recruiting at Texas and then you see this - 

4 straight top 10 recruiting classes

.426 winning percentage in Big 12 play

0 NCAA tournament wins

Gotta give him time to get his own recruits in there before you can judge......oh wait, he does.yuck, yuck. Can you say overrated??

1 hour ago, Uspshoosier said:

Don’t judge me
I just watched the last half of a Stephen F Austin/ Southwestern Assemblies of God game. SFA won by 1 on a free throw with 2 sec left. SFA has some home cooking to get the foul call. I’m guessing the refs just wanted to call it a night. Fun game

Image result for judge gifs