Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Let the Carnage begin!!!

Some huge games to keep track of tomorrow. Duke/Kentucky and MSU/Kansas the biggest. We get to cheer for John Konchar and the Mastadons to beat UCLA. Wofford trying to play spoiler again against UNC. In all 20/25 ESPN ranked teams play tomorrow.  I can only imagine the excitement at the USPS household. Tension you can cut with a knife!!

Definitely an exciting time at the USPS household. Mrs USPS was excited helping me carry one of the TVs downstairs for the setup. Lol. Seriously though I’m fortunate enough and thankful to have a wife that enables and accepts my college basketball obsession.
I will post some pictures tomorrow. A couple more games to watch tomorrow.
Florida/Florida St
Western Kentucky/Washington
BYU/Nevada
UMBC/Marquette. I just want to see how UMBC handles being in spotlight now instead of people just saying what is UMBC
Indiana St/Ball St. Go trees
Work won’t get over fast enough tomorrow.
Stuhoo can u do me a favor and post that Gif of the LLV(Postal truck) doing a doughnut and burnout. Last year when you posted that I couldn’t stop laughing

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

My 12 year old has the entire evening planned out for our watching pleasure. Gonna be hard to keep the IU Chicago State game up on the screen with so many big time match-ups in the mix.

Time for you to invest in the multiple TV setup. It’s a game changer

On behalf of Walking Boot, I believe I can very safely say his post was tongue in cheek.

Gradman, on the other hand, was quite serious.

I'm sure you are correct. I just used it as a springboard to my post.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

Definitely an exciting time at the USPS household. Mrs USPS was excited helping me carry one of the TVs downstairs for the setup. Lol. Seriously though I’m fortunate enough and thankful to have a wife that enables and accepts my college basketball obsession.
I will post some pictures tomorrow. A couple more games to watch tomorrow.
Florida/Florida St
Western Kentucky/Washington
BYU/Nevada
UMBC/Marquette. I just want to see how UMBC handles being in spotlight now instead of people just saying what is UMBC
Indiana St/Ball St. Go trees
Work won’t get over fast enough tomorrow.
Stuhoo can u do me a favor and post that Gif of the LLV(Postal truck) doing a doughnut and burnout. Last year when you posted that I couldn’t stop laughing

9 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

My 12 year old has the entire evening planned out for our watching pleasure. Gonna be hard to keep the IU Chicago State game up on the screen with so many big time match-ups in the mix.

If you bought the USI game you can download the BTN2GO app on your phone and watch the big time games on your TV. That’s what I plan on doing

This game does absolutely nothing for IU. We couldn’t have gotten a decent mid major instead? An Evansville or Ball State?

Unfortunately you can't play a Duke or a Louisville every non conference game. And I wouldn't say it does nothing...it allows this essentially brand new team to gel together in real game time, gain confidence, and for Archie to figure out what lineups/rotations work best.

10 hours ago, Iugradman said:

This game does absolutely nothing for IU. We couldn’t have gotten a decent mid major instead? An Evansville or Ball State?

Completely agree. I don’t know if it’s difficult to schedule only teams in the top 175 RPI or so but a 15-25 point win over the 164th team in the RPI pays so much more dividends in March than a 40 point win against a Chicago St. 

Completely agree. I don’t know if it’s difficult to schedule only teams in the top 175 RPI or so but a 15-25 point win over the 164th team in the RPI pays so much more dividends in March than a 40 point win against a Chicago St. 
Yet a lot of top teams schedule those games, not just IU.

I don’t think it’s a bad thing to want IU to schedule good teams, frankly most have been in agreement for years iu needed to improve the out of conference schedule.

I think this years is an improvement but still has a ways to go. It is hard to watch some of these big early season matchups and not get a little jealous IU isn’t in these marquees.

IU needs to bump MSU out of that top spot in the big ten and be the class of the league again

I don’t think it’s a bad thing to want IU to schedule good teams, frankly most have been in agreement for years iu needed to improve the out of conference schedule.

I think this years is an improvement but still has a ways to go. It is hard to watch some of these big early season matchups and not get a little jealous IU isn’t in these marquees.

IU needs to bump MSU out of that top spot in the big ten and be the class of the league again

And that takes time. Also iu has big games coming up out od conference anyhow just not opening night. Another factor is the season is long and you have to manage fatigue and injury throughout the season and cant play great teams every night. All teams have cup cakes and iu schedule is plenty tough imo

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

And that takes time. Also iu has big games coming up out od conference anyhow just not opening night. Another factor is the season is long and you have to manage fatigue and injury throughout the season and cant play great teams every night. All teams have cup cakes and iu schedule is plenty tough imo

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

Exactly.

10 hours ago, MikeRoberts said:

It is hard to watch some of these big early season matchups and not get a little jealous IU isn’t in these marquees.

If the Champions Classic and CBS Sports Classic existed in the 1990's, we would have been. We've spent the past 20 years turning our program into a three-ring circus, and this is just one of the consequences.

Why does college basketball get minimal coverage? College football has programs on national television year round and they don’t cover the first day of college basketball until tip off. Seems crazy to me.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

So I was bored and looking at B1G predictions, came across this:

https://purdue.forums.rivals.com/threads/2018-2019-basketball-predictions.147220/

"IU will be overrated all year. They have no shooters and will play a slow, plodding style of offense that won't allow Romeo to display his full skill set (he's overrated too BTW). Morgan will be good but other than that I think they'll be a pretty similar team to last year and Purdue will sweep them."

Its funny how completely consumed with IU the Purdue fan base is