Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Yep, Penny has "over-hyped flameout" written all over him. I envision a couple years high level recruits and occasional big wins that will tantalize the masses and feed the narrative only to be quickly followed by head-scratching losses and a general lack of direction and control (read discipline and compliance) in the program with it all ending in acrimony and disappointment.  I could be wrong, but all indications to me scream "in way over his head!" 

I said the other day I hoped they all performed because it would be awesome. But I didn’t see Drake and JT performing. It’s great to want to hype up things like this, but this is what happens when you can’t deliver. It’s easier said than done. I am guessing we will have the same discussions leading into HH next year. The scrimmage thing was new and I am all for variation.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

17 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Poor Stevie; first O'Neal and now Campbell.

Jon Rothstein:  BREAKING: UCLA freshman Tyger Campbell will miss the entire 2018-19 season with a torn ACL, per release.

So the question becomes will Alford get a pass for under-performing this season due to the injuries?  

1 hour ago, southsidehoosier said:

If it's anything like his other work it'll only last 15-20 seconds

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Pitino: "Welcome to my podcast. You're in for a real treat. I've got a jam-packed show 1-2, maybe 3 hours long, so informative that it will send shivers down your spine and leave you begging for more. So let's get started... (shuddering, his eyes roll back in his head) So that's all we've got for this weeks edition, hope to see you again soon, please."

Hmmm surprised to see Carey and Steward landing at the same school (MSU), their game is similar & I am not sure you can play them both on the court at the same time.

Yeah not sure I expect that either but Stewart wouldn’t surprise and the rest of the picks make sense.

But then again, if I was picking I’d probably select the same schools.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

There have been several recent CB flips to MSU for Stewart which makes sense given TJDs visit is over and Brooks won't commit to a visit with MSU. The only real threat if there was one for TJD was MSU so this should be seen as a very good sign for us. IMO the only threat I see for Brooks is UNC. We should have a commit or a date for TJD to commit by next Friday from what I've heard.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Jon Rothstein -  Wake Forest sophomore Melo Eggelston has left the Demon Deacons' program, per release.

And bad news for new Evansville coach Walter McCarty   --  Deandre Williams academically ineligible for '18-'19.  Interesting read because it has to do with his schooling in Texas and exactly just how much NCAA eligibility he truly has left.           https://www.courierpress.com/story/sports/college/evansville/2018/10/10/ncaa-declares-prized-evansville-recruit-deandre-williams-ineligible/1569492002/