Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Duke will not be afraid to overpay. According to Sports Illustrated, Coach K makes just shy of $9 Million and is the highest paid.

1. Mike Krzyewski (Duke), $8.98 million

2. John Calipari (Kentucky), $7.45 million

3. Chris Holtmann (Ohio State), $7.15 million

4. Bill Self (Kansas) $7.15 million

5. Tom Izzo (Michigan State) $4.36 million

6. Sean Miller (Arizona), $4.05 million

7. Bob Huggins (West Virginia), $3.75 million

8. Larry Krystkowiak (Utah), $3.39 million

9. John Beilein (Michigan), $3.37 million

10. Archie Miller (Indiana), $3.20 million

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.si.com/college-basketball/2018/03/01/highest-paid-college-basketball-coaches-salaries-mike-krzyewski-john-calipari

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Man,Holtman hit the jackpot.

Pretty hefty compensation for someone with his experience.

O$U throwing it around.

From LandofTen

"First-year Ohio State coach Chris Holtmann is listed as the highest-paid Big Ten coach this season, though that figure is a bit misleading. Holtmann is listed as making $7,149,849 in “school pay” this season, but roughly $4 million of that pays for his buyout at Butler. “School pay includes $2,040,360 in one-time supplemental pay and a $1,879,640 tax gross-up payment on that amount,” USA Today noted.

Holtmann — the 2017-18 Big Ten Coach of the Year — still makes good money. He had a base salary of $3 million per season when he signed his contract in June, which would still rank in the top 15 of college coaches."

On 8/8/2018 at 3:52 PM, Hoosier987 said:

Mike Davis is gonna do real well at UD. I look forward to seeing what they do. He seems to win at these small schools

Certainly fared well at Texas Southern, given the challenges. 4 NCAA trips in 6 seasons...in a one bid league, that is a great run.

Which happens first:
IU plays in a regional final or UD plays in the 2nd round? Big Dance not NIT.

I like the Davis hire but UD has a hard row to hoe in that league. Even with Valpo having moved on, you still have strong programs in Oakland, Northern Kentucky, the two Wisconsin schools, etc.

I think IU has a shot to get to the second weekend this year. It all comes down to whether they can get their point guard situation addressed, but at least they have options. Their post combination will be one of the better ones you'll find anywhere and Langford gives them a major talent on the wing. I'm not betting on an Elite Eight but I do think they've got a shot at it this year if everything breaks the right way. I think they are the team in the Big Ten with the best chance of pulling away from the pack. I've got them 3rd because I'm not a believer that everything will come together entirely for them, but if it does, there's enough material on hand to have a very good season.

Edited by VeevlandBrowns

They are so ******* pathetic. They should be embarrassed by their behavior.

The weird thing is they have always been that way. I had two uncles and an aunt go there and would take me to games up there like they could convert me. They have never acted like they have been there, done that. Inferiority complex at its finest.

13 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

Ive never heard any of the “Purdue, sucks” chants the article mentions. Nor “PU stinks”

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Especially not at any non-Purdue games. I have never heard fans make any Purdue-related chants at any game that wasn't against Purdue. That's the difference here. Chanting about a school when you're playing them makes sense. Chanting about a school every game, no matter who you're actually playing, is obsessive. Such an embarrassing article for Purdue.

UofL fans used to humorously chant “beat Purdue” during their home games because of a past cheerleader error. The story goes back to a home game against whoever, not Purdue though. The cheerleaders would hold signs that would direct the fans to chant “Beat” “Tulane”. The cheerleader inadvertently held up beat Purdue. The fans would then chant beat Purdue every time the cheerleaders would hold up the sign during any game. This lasted for several years.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

27 minutes ago, tyappleg said:

I just want the Script 'Indiana' font on the front of one jersey, even just for one game. Keep everything else the same. It would look so good. (And it would sell like hotcakes).

Has there ever been a serious push for this?  I think the school/Adidas would make some money and it would be awesome to see it for a game or two.

13 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Except Dakich is right. Dakich knows more about basketball than Parrish could dream about knowing.

That's what I was thinking. A know it all journalist is worse than a know it all former coach.