Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

8 hours ago, iufaninillinois said:

Picked up the Athlon College Basketball preseason issue at the Effingham Walmart today. I wish the Big Ten issued a preseason issue like they did 10-15 yrs ago.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Ewe country!

Duke goes like 7 deep. No way we go 10 to 13. I'd say 8 to 9

Right. Everyone talks about only going an 8 or 9 man rotation, but it sure helps a team when 10-13 can contribute if called upon, and of course makes for higher quality practices.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I saw Georgia is picked to finish 13th of 14 teams. Perfect job for crean. No expectations at all.

Picked up the Athlon College Basketball preseason issue at the Effingham Walmart today. I wish the Big Ten issued a preseason issue like they did 10-15 yrs ago.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

20 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

IMG_1054.thumb.jpg.564321045761bd3ff87805f6435b2b3b.jpg

Figured they could help more than we could. As I said the other day. We could be talking about the Serbian National team and someone would turn it into a post about Crean.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Adam Vinatieri could reveal himself to be an actual cyborg hiding on our planet from the aliens that Murdered his cyborg family and the conversation would mention Crean within 3 pages. 

Adam Vinatieri could reveal himself to be an actual cyborg hiding on our planet from the aliens that Murdered his cyborg family and the conversation would mention Crean within 3 pages. 

Can’t disagree with that either. I feel bad for some. There were people that hated Crean far worse than the people making daily mentions and they have moved on. Some people I swear have PTSD. Feel bad for them. Hopefully the team starts doing well enough for them to move on. Some I don’t think ever will.

7 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Can’t disagree with that either. I feel bad for some. There were people that hated Crean far worse than the people making daily mentions and they have moved on. Some people I swear have PTSD. Feel bad for them. Hopefully the team starts doing well enough for them to move on. Some I don’t think ever will.

If Archie is who I think most of us believe he can be then I think people will eventually move past the whole 17 year debacle that was our program. 

24 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

I expect this book to be available in the Kindle Lending Library within the next few months.

9 minutes ago, iufaninillinois said:

At least they had Juwan on the Cover and not an Illini player like they usually have! Lol

My apologies for the misspelling: UWE (Blab) Country.

17 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Agreed. As I have said before when K announces his retirement every established successful coach will get a pay raise. 

Duke will have to hire an up and comer much like us. Unless there is an established coach that is unhappy where he’s at. 

19 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Agreed. As I have said before when K announces his retirement every established successful coach will get a pay raise. 

Duke will have to hire an up and comer much like us. Unless there is an established coach that is unhappy where he’s at. 

Do you want to follow a legend?  Hard for me to fathom an established coach - not of the Coach K pedigree - wanting to have that shadow hanging over your head every single day.

7 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Do you want to follow a legend?  Hard for me to fathom an established coach - not of the Coach K pedigree - wanting to have that shadow hanging over your head every single day.

It would have to be somebody at a Blue Blood not willing to take a step down. 

That is a fair point too. You will never measure up to him. It will probably take Duke overpaying for a name. Like a Billy D for sake of discussion. Someone that has a few years left and isn’t scared of legacy. He probably won’t do as well as K obviously but isn’t scared. The person following him won’t be as intimidated.

That is a fair point too. You will never measure up to him. It will probably take Duke overpaying for a name. Like a Billy D for sake of discussion. Someone that has a few years left and isn’t scared of legacy. He probably won’t do as well as K obviously but isn’t scared. The person following him won’t be as intimidated.

Duke will not be afraid to overpay. According to Sports Illustrated, Coach K makes just shy of $9 Million and is the highest paid.

1. Mike Krzyewski (Duke), $8.98 million

2. John Calipari (Kentucky), $7.45 million

3. Chris Holtmann (Ohio State), $7.15 million

4. Bill Self (Kansas) $7.15 million

5. Tom Izzo (Michigan State) $4.36 million

6. Sean Miller (Arizona), $4.05 million

7. Bob Huggins (West Virginia), $3.75 million

8. Larry Krystkowiak (Utah), $3.39 million

9. John Beilein (Michigan), $3.37 million

10. Archie Miller (Indiana), $3.20 million

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.si.com/college-basketball/2018/03/01/highest-paid-college-basketball-coaches-salaries-mike-krzyewski-john-calipari