Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Yeah, but I agree with Mdn82, Crean didn't do anything that all other coaches do. He clearly wasn't the right fit for Indiana but he did manage to put together the best team in the country one year and had some very talented teams other years. The wild inconsistency sunk him. We all remember no defense, then can't shoot the next year. No post play after that. Crean certainly had professional and maybe some personal failings, but he's hardly the super-villain some want to make out.  
Great post

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

Athlon also has Edwards at #2 in the country. I really don’t get the love at all. 

And have Romeo and Juwan in top 25, but IU not in the top 25

Former MSU commit Eric Devendorf is coming home (sort of) to Michigan. He's been an assistant strength and conditioning coach at Syracuse, where he ended up playing. He's leaving to become a "special assistant" (not an "assistant coach") to Mike Davis at UD. Looks like he may be involved in scouting, film work, etc.

For those who may not recall, Devendorf was a high level prospect out of Bay City (#22 nationally per RSCI) who originally committed to MSU and then de-committed, leaving to play his last year of HS at Oak Hill and then committing to Syracuse. He was known as something of a hot head and head case as a prep and even collegiate player but it seems that he's matured a lot since those days, so good for him getting a shot as a coach in his home state.

I wasn't sure where to put this. I've watched Meyers Leonard play my hometown schools since jr high. He has been fun to watch and if you would have told me he was going to play in the NBA when I watched as a Freshman, I would have bet money he wouldn't. A growth spurt, a hometown who supported him through what I hear wasn't exactly an ideal childhood, he became a successful player at Illinois and then drafted to the NBA. This weekend, Robinson retired his number. It was well deserved.

Check out @MartySports10’s Tweet:

Former MSU commit Eric Devendorf is coming home (sort of) to Michigan. He's been an assistant strength and conditioning coach at Syracuse, where he ended up playing. He's leaving to become a "special assistant" (not an "assistant coach") to Mike Davis at UD. Looks like he may be involved in scouting, film work, etc.
For those who may not recall, Devendorf was a high level prospect out of Bay City (#22 nationally per RSCI) who originally committed to MSU and then de-committed, leaving to play his last year of HS at Oak Hill and then committing to Syracuse. He was known as something of a hot head and head case as a prep and even collegiate player but it seems that he's matured a lot since those days, so good for him getting a shot as a coach in his home state.

Did you watch him in TBT? He hasn’t changed a bit, tried picking fights on multiple occasions during and after games

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

3 hours ago, iufaninillinois said:

I wasn't sure where to put this. I've watched Meyers Leonard play my hometown schools since jr high. He has been fun to watch and if you would have told me he was going to play in the NBA when I watched as a Freshman, I would have bet money he wouldn't. A growth spurt, a hometown who supported him through what I hear wasn't exactly an ideal childhood, he became a successful player at Illinois and then drafted to the NBA. This weekend, Robinson retired his number. It was well deserved.

Check out @MartySports10’s Tweet:

Myers seems like a good kid who did a lot coming from a tough situation. Always enjoyed the Cody/Myers head to head!