Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

5 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-men/article/2018-08-22/division-i-mens-basketball-committee-adopts-new-ranking
This should be fun seeing how this goes. No more relying heavily on RPI

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Will there be transparency for how they use the various parameters to determine NET? Like it or hate it, the formula for RPI was known so anyone that wanted to could compute what their team or other team's RPI was.

Will there be transparency for how they use the various parameters to determine NET? Like it or hate it, the formula for RPI was known so anyone that wanted to could compute what their team or other team's RPI was.

https://collegebasketball.nbcsports.com/2018/08/22/ncaa-develops-new-metric-eliminates-rpi-as-primary-sorting-tool/
Good question. I hope they show how they are getting the numbers
Here is good article
I’m excited to dive in the team sheets this year with this new formula.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

He lies to recruits and coaches to gain commitments. He did that with Perea and Vonleh and burned some serious bridges. There is a reason IU never got another La Lumiere player after Perea.

He lied to recruits to gain commitments? Oh my. Let’s string him by his nuts. I would be more shocked if you can show me one coach that has ever told the 100% truth to each recruit. Come on you are better than this.

That **** doesn’t fly in Indiana, nor should it. Local high school and AAU coaches caught on to Crean’s act. Or are they full of it too?

Had nothing to do with lies. And you are full of it if you say you believe that. It had to do with his coaching style.  

Edit: His personality rubbed high school coaches wrong in this area. Plus they like to feel like they are in the loop and he is not personable to coaches that questioned him. He isn’t here. He is not a con. That is idiotic to say. Especially when every coach in the history of this game has done what you are downing him on.

Markese Jacobs from Chicago decommits from Kansas.   5'11" PG.  Playing with Mac Irvin Fire on the Nike EYBL circuit this summer, Jacobs averaged 13.4 points and 2.3 assists in 16 games.   247Sports, Jacobs is ranked as the No. 104 overall player in the Class of 2019 

http://www.zagsblog.com/2018/08/24/kansas-loses-commitment-from-2019-guard-markese-jacobs/

3 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Markese Jacobs from Chicago decommits from Kansas.   5'11" PG.  Playing with Mac Irvin Fire on the Nike EYBL circuit this summer, Jacobs averaged 13.4 points and 2.3 assists in 16 games.   247Sports, Jacobs is ranked as the No. 104 overall player in the Class of 2019 

http://www.zagsblog.com/2018/08/24/kansas-loses-commitment-from-2019-guard-markese-jacobs/

Interesting. He get recruited over?

Illinois fans are salivating.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Hairpiece musta thought he wasn't good enough. Coulda been the next Frank Mason. Frank did a layup drill on us the whole game it seemed like and we still won.

Sent from my LG-K371 using BtownBanners mobile app

M lost again in Spain this past weekend. This time to Jovenut, a team playing in the highest rung of the Spanish professional league, 85-79.

Good experience for them. I expect M to be the consensus pick for #2 in the conference behind Michigan State.

Tough to draw many conclusions from what they did over there. They faced some good competition without Beilein. Didn’t play well offensively at all, which (to the probable surprise of many) was something of a rerun of last season…that was not a great offensive team. Yet, they were facing professionals. From what I can gather, the opposition they played was a tick below what MSU faced in Italy three years ago, when they played the national teams from Russia and Georgia along with a second tier Italian team.

If you’re looking for positives, the Canadian freshman forward was right at the top of their scoring chart. Charles Matthews seemed to put up good numbers. Negatives would be that they got nothing from any of the other freshmen (and they’re going to need Brandon Johns at least, and probably more than just him, to step up next season in a big way) and Xavier Simpson didn’t show signs of any real improvement offensively.

He was a used car salesman. He came in at a perfect time to sell it
He was not questioned on it for five years

Crean wasn’t well liked in the state...simple as that...and yes, he was a car salesmen to “nth” degree, and yes it is so refreshing to have a coach like Archie who is all business..:and let me add on by saying that Crean wasn’t well liked in general. It is no coincidence that we see far more former players coming back to workout and watch practices with Archie leading the program than when Crean was here. And people may have thought Jeffries was rough on crean when he was on the radio last month, but I can assure you, he’s not the only one who felt that way when it comes to former personnel affiliated with the program

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Hardwood83 said:

Yeah, but I agree with Mdn82, Crean didn't do anything that all other coaches do. He clearly wasn't the right fit for Indiana but he did manage to put together the best team in the country one year and had some very talented teams other years. The wild inconsistency sunk him. We all remember no defense, then can't shoot the next year. No post play after that. Crean certainly had professional and maybe some personal failings, but he's hardly the super-villain some want to make out.  

If he could have won big, we could all overlook the creepiness and weirdness this guy has. He is just a horrible in game coach and no amount of talent could make up for it. The 8 win total in year 2 was all I needed to see, but I still rooted for him to succeed and gave him props the few times his teams played well. I wish him the best at Georgia; they don't care about basketball.