Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Here's a tweet we don't see everyday.

Jeff Borzello‏Verified account @jeffborzello 

Jeff Borzello Retweeted Djjeffries™

Five-star forward D.J. Jeffries is decommitting from Kentucky and will reopen his recruitment.

Djjeffries™‏ @lildjj0

After careful consideration prayer and countless hours of consulting with my family I decided to reopen recruitment it was a hard decision but I am confident that taking my time to choose the right school for me to better myself educationally and athletically is the right choice

Love seeing this, hopefully it becomes a trend.

I mean it was health related for Kobe too. But I wonder if fans would embrace his presence the same as fans did with Kobe. College b-ball fans may not be as welcoming. NBA fans are big with players even more than just specific teams. Kobe is a bigger name worldwide than Coach K. But would be interesting. He is the only CBB coach worthy if a goodbye tour season.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Oh dude when he retires he will be universally respected on the way out. I don’t have any doubt even at the college level. Love him or hate him you can’t deny what he has done. He will get a very good reception if it’s a farewell tour.

Kentucky and professional  --  isn't that an oxymoron?

DJ Jeffries' father @CoreyJeffries10 on our show: "We talked with Kentucky (about the decision to de-commit), and it kinda shocked me. They were kinda unprofessional. They didn't handle the news the way I expected them to handle it, being professionals."

38 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

DJ Jeffries' father @CoreyJeffries10 on our show: "We talked with Kentucky (about the decision to de-commit), and it kinda shocked me. They were kinda unprofessional. They didn't handle the news the way I expected them to handle it, being professionals."

Probably wanted the cash returned.

54 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

pro·fes·sion·al
prəˈfeSH(ə)n(ə)l/
adjective
adjective: professional
  1. 1.
    relating to or connected with a profession.
    "young professional people"
    synonyms: white-collar, nonmanual
    "people in professional occupations"
    antonyms: blue-collar
  2. 2.
    (of a person) engaged in a specified activity as one's main paid occupation rather than as a pastime.
    "a professional boxer"
    synonyms: paidsalaried
    "a professional rugby player"
    antonyms: amateur

39 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

College Basketball Folks

IMG_1533249952.891820.jpg

It’s so clear who the big spenders have been over the last 10 years or so. I remember arguing with BTB brethren about recruiting in years past. People had their heads in the sand.

Does it say how much L'ville ultimately paid to get him. I mean clearly Bowen was going to the highest bidder.