Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

38 minutes ago, InArchWeTrust said:

I'm sure the common theme is that we paid Romeo off?

Nope!

The common themes are many and scattered, such as:

• Archie can't coach
  • Sean Miller is dirty
  • Tim Langford decided for Romeo
  • The B1G stinks
  • IU is a has-been, and therefore never will be again

and so many others it's just plain ol silly.

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

I'm starting to notice that the number of IU-centric threads, and the IU hatred, irrational nonsense, and rationalization are really starting to ramp up on other boards.

Gotta think that's a very, very good sign.

Fear will do that to a fan base

1 hour ago, TheWatShot said:

Those people spent months and months constantly reassuring themselves that since Langford didn't announce in the fall, it meant he was going out of state so people wouldn't heckle him at his games. I can understand why they would be struggling to cope with this.

And some of them are fans of programs that benefited from IU basketball being handled horridly for so long.

4 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Nope!

The common themes are many and scattered, such as:

• Archie can't coach- results indicate otherwise.
  • Sean Miller is dirty-  very probably correct
  • Tim Langford decided for Romeo- .....so?
  • The B1G stinks- I agree. Last couple years (and the coming season) are definitely down. However, it's cyclical. Just like it was in football for the B1G, until you win the NC the ESPN led thinking is "you suck." 
  • IU is a has-been, and therefore never will be again-  they have nothing to worry about then, do they ;)? 

and so many others it's just plain ol silly.

Happy we can recruit at a top 10 level again too. I believe Archie and Co. have what it takes to coach a game but was skeptical on recruiting. A top 10 class that addresses needs is great.

Now, I guess we see if he can keep Morgan and possibly snag a serviceable grad transfer. If both of those happen we'll see how he coaches a talented but partially young group.

I'm looking forward to seeing how the 2019 class unfolds too. If he can land a few who are at the top of the want list we could see a strong stretch of consistent high level ball at IU.

There will be many firsts for Archie being at IU. I'm happy with what I've seen so far. However, it's just the foundation of what needs to be built.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

That adidas sleeve held by Tim was front and center and prominent on the stage.

Just saying.

Thrilled we can recruit with the big dogs.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Not saying you’re wrong,but I didn’t see the logo and thought red was the purpose.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

I don't know I took it as signifying #RedSleeveRo

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Me as well. I read something earlier that Romeo said his parents and family wanted him to do something big and special for the announcement but Romeo didn’t love the idea. Tim mentioned having 3 sleeves, a blue gold and red one for each of the colleges but Romeo thought it was too fancy I guess and not like him, so this may have been Mr Langford’s way of keeping the RedSleeveRo mantra going and making it special.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners