Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

3 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

We had money for other upgrades for non money making programs. It's as simple as that. Priorities were skewed. 

The baseball program I could understand. While being a money loser it has the potential to be less of a loser with proper investment. 

The fact they raised money for a renovation of assembly hall without handling the locker rooms is ridiculous and pathetic multi million dollar renovations and they don't take care of the locker rooms. Wtf 

Maybe in order to get some things approved to be  improved IE: Cooke Hall, North End zone etc, we had to earmark a certain amount to be spent elsewhere, and all the earmarked upgrades have to take place before additional football and basketball upgrades?

I don't know, but things are commonly that way.

6 hours ago, Stromboli said:

Personally?  I think you guys get a little too excited about the locker rooms.  You're singling out this issue, when the AD is obviously busy doing a ton of big projects.  The locker room pics you guys are posting look great on twitter, but every time I see those pics, I'm just wondering why they've got the lights turned down low in the locker room.  Without the professional photography and mood lighting, those will look much more like normal locker rooms.  A place like Assembly Hall gets its cool factor from its history, not based on whether or not the locker room has a drop ceiling.  I understand it may have some pull for visiting recruits, but honestly it's not more than 1%.  

More important to me with my limited experience of college athletics (cross country and track, D-III)?  Meals, and lots of them.  You hear athletes complain about not having food while in school.  Training facilities, access to excellent treatment.  Definitely the weight room.  Goofy stuff like laundry service for practice clothes.  The right kind of gear for practice and travel.  More meals.  Some snacks.  

Anyway, moot point.  The locker rooms are getting an update.  Surely, that means the program will see an uptick in success, based on the pages of locker-room-belly-aching going on....    This program spends like crazy.  We probably have the worst spending to success ratio in the country.  

Some good stuff in your post, but this is not one of them.  Fans of IU and CBB in general think Assembly Hall is cool for its history.  Recruits do not.  No matter what they may say to the media, they like newer amenities like updated locker rooms.

And I'd be willing to bet it's more like 1% of recruits who don't care about what the locker rooms look like.

One commitment in six years while missing on players like Teague, Lyles, Harris, Irvin, Guy, and Wilkes. We had no shot at Romeo while Crean was here and he didn’t even bother to recruit TJD or Brooks.

I would think the basketball locker room will be done by this upcoming season. It’s out for bid now and really shouldn’t take that long. The football locker room probably won’t be ready until the spring or summer of 2019. That’s because they’re completely tearing everything out of that and expanding it and starting over. They’re using the old Hoosier Room and rehab facilities next to the current locker room to create an entirely new layout and lounge. So they can’t start on that until those old facilities move into the south end zone this August. And at that point, the team will need a functioning locker room for the season that isn’t a hard hat area.

Who cares about the past 8 10 15 years! Lets go

Sent from my VS988 using BtownBanners mobile app

The five stars he landed are ancient history. His final few years, he never had a chance with the  top instate players once he was exposed as a fraud after the Syracuse game. Blackmon came to IU only because Kentucky took Booker.
But you said he never landed any 5 stars. The ones he got may be ancient history, but to say he never did is absolutely wrong. Crean is gone. Archie will get 5 stars.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Everywhere with his poor planning. I used to talk quite a bit with Janitorinthegym when they had inside info. He sent managers on 2 hour drives to get certain balls. Other silly stuff like this. Cupcake scheduling and pay games supreme. Promotional things too. Recruiting inefficiency probably takes the cake though.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Its all of the “other silly stuff” I like to hear about. Knew he was terrible about budget

I very much have a clue on this. It's silly to hinder your money maker to finance the things you need your money maker to prop up. 
Football and basketball facilities need to come first so they can generate more revenue for the others. 
You finance things that are going to generate revenue before you finance things that are simply a cost. 

You are absolutely right! Spend that money on that money maker first, then go from there. Spending it to make it, right ?

9 minutes ago, yogisballin said:

You are absolutely right! Spend that money on that money maker first, then go from there. Spending it to make it, right ?

Was anyone disagreeing with that argument? The only point I was making was that not only did pretty much every sport not have a functioning locker room, but basketball had a million other issues to get to before even thinking about a complete locker room redo. Assembly Hall was literally falling apart. Same story with football. The football locker room is cramped and probably should’ve been expanded about 10 years ago, but other things were more important just to get the complex looking decent. Much of this should’ve been done in about 2004 or 2005.