Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Again, you guys realize the AD does not pick and choose how much money he gets. He gets handed a budget that he has to decide where that money goes. Unfortunately we have close to 20 programs that basketball and football carry and some of their profit goes there. If you guys want to be sure money goes to a specific place, donate money. It’s really that simple. I never understood complaining about something you have zero clue on. You only assume they have a large sum of money. Most capital projects come from donations. Like I truly don’t think you guys realize how much the overhead cost of feeding, housing, and educating a scholarship kid. Multiply that by over 20 programs.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

4 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Again, you guys realize the AD does not pick and choose how much money he gets. He gets handed a budget that he has to decide where that money goes. Unfortunately we have close to 20 programs that basketball and football carry and some of their profit goes there. If you guys want to be sure money goes to a specific place, donate money. It’s really that simple. I never understood complaining about something you have zero clue on. You only assume they have a large sum of money. Most capital projects come from donations. Like I truly don’t think you guys realize how much the overhead cost of feeding, housing, and educating a scholarship kid. Multiply that by over 20 programs.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I very much have a clue on this. It's silly to hinder your money maker to finance the things you need your money maker to prop up. 

Football and basketball facilities need to come first so they can generate more revenue for the others. 

You finance things that are going to generate revenue before you finance things that are simply a cost. 

I very much have a clue on this. It's silly to hinder your money maker to finance the things you need your money maker to prop up. 
Football and basketball facilities need to come first so they can generate more revenue for the others. 
You finance things that are going to generate revenue before you finance things that are simply a cost. 

Ok. What is their budget? How much is their maintenance costing currently in an older building? What is their payroll for all employees? You finance things you have money for. How much money do we have on the 17-18 budget for upgrades?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

4 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Ok. What is their budget? How much is their maintenance costing currently in an older building? What is their payroll for all employees? You finance things you have money for. How much money do we have on the 17-18 budget for upgrades?

We had money for other upgrades for non money making programs. It's as simple as that. Priorities were skewed. 

The baseball program I could understand. While being a money loser it has the potential to be less of a loser with proper investment. 

The fact they raised money for a renovation of assembly hall without handling the locker rooms is ridiculous and pathetic multi million dollar renovations and they don't take care of the locker rooms. Wtf 

We had money for other upgrades for non money making programs. It's as simple as that. Priorities were skewed. 

The baseball program I could understand. While being a money loser it has the potential to be less of a loser with proper investment. 

The fact they raised money for a renovation of assembly hall without handling the locker rooms is ridiculous and pathetic multi million dollar renovations and they don't take care of the locker rooms. Wtf 

Why? You do realize there is always a 1, 5, and 10 year plan for capital projects right? Just because they didn’t do it first doesn’t mean it wasn’t planned. They will have got all of this done in 5 years. Pretty damn good tbh.

It sucks that basketball and football have to pay for all the other programs. Think of how awesome our stuff would be if those sports got to keep all their profits.

We have a real basketball coach now, and an AD willing to spend, so I don't think we need to worry about our facilities. They'll get taken care of. If Archie wants something he's going to get it. We just renovated the basketball weight room and it looks nice. Good days are ahead boys!

Methinks mdn82 is closer to the mark on this one, even if he was more aggressive than he needed to be in his post.  There's a reason the basketball program has Cook Hall.  Because Bill and Gayle Cook gave $15 million.  You can make a donation, but the university has restrictions.  

Also, remember Title IX comes into play here.  Brass Cannon, many of the women's activities are not money making, but they must be afforded similar amenities.  

Personally?  I think you guys get a little too excited about the locker rooms.  You're singling out this issue, when the AD is obviously busy doing a ton of big projects.  The locker room pics you guys are posting look great on twitter, but every time I see those pics, I'm just wondering why they've got the lights turned down low in the locker room.  Without the professional photography and mood lighting, those will look much more like normal locker rooms.  A place like Assembly Hall gets its cool factor from its history, not based on whether or not the locker room has a drop ceiling.  I understand it may have some pull for visiting recruits, but honestly it's not more than 1%.  

More important to me with my limited experience of college athletics (cross country and track, D-III)?  Meals, and lots of them.  You hear athletes complain about not having food while in school.  Training facilities, access to excellent treatment.  Definitely the weight room.  Goofy stuff like laundry service for practice clothes.  The right kind of gear for practice and travel.  More meals.  Some snacks.  

Anyway, moot point.  The locker rooms are getting an update.  Surely, that means the program will see an uptick in success, based on the pages of locker-room-belly-aching going on....    This program spends like crazy.  We probably have the worst spending to success ratio in the country.  

On 4/4/2018 at 8:22 PM, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Hard to read articles like that as we continue to flail with results. Biggest budget and resources yet middle results. Every reason in the world to expect top results and soon.

Yes, I know this is Archie’s first year and with Creans roster. But soon, we should be/need to be dominant.

I have a very confident feeling that we will be. 

12 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

IMG_1522986964.368133.jpg. #8 player in 2019. Keldon Johnson, Quickly, and Herro. Will be talented group again with some scorers they were lacking last season.

They are gonna be very good next year. Just telling a buddy that. The shooting they were lacking will be addressed.

That was almost eight years ago. How did he do after that?

You said he couldn’t land an instate 5 Star and Yogi’s Freshman year was 12-13. He signed in Nov of 2011. 6 years ago. But James Blackmon Jr was closer for you if you prefer. In state 5*...