Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

14 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Wow on the Bazley decision.

I love it personally. IDC if the best 20 kids in the nation skip college hoops. I’ll enjoy Indiana basketball no matter what and it’ll be a slightly more level playing field.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I agree. Let them go. Only a handful are ready for the NBA anyway. Bamba, Bagley, and Ayton really didn't benefit (they received some I'm sure) from playing college basketball. 

Will be interesting to track Bazley's progress. I like it personally. If you're determined to go pro and have the skills/physical gifts you can certainly benefit from a 100% focus on training and getting better in the gym. No real practice limits, no class 15 hrs per week, get yourself an Al's Discount Cars TV spot maybe. 

Interesting tweet from Trevor Andershock

The biggest thing the G-League is missing right now is the thing that Darius Bazley needs most - weight training and nutrition. Hopefully he makes it work.

Probably could have included that he may well have to have some kind of part time employment to supplement the lifestyle he probably plans on living.  The salary Bazley can make in the G League is in the $25,000 range.

13 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Interesting tweet from Trevor Andershock

The biggest thing the G-League is missing right now is the thing that Darius Bazley needs most - weight training and nutrition. Hopefully he makes it work.

Probably could have included that he may well have to have some kind of part time employment to supplement the lifestyle he probably plans on living.  The salary Bazley can make in the G League is in the $25,000 range.

Add in potential shoe deal and he probably plays with a team overseas during the summer before the G League starts in the fall.

1 hour ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Wow on the Bazley decision.

I love it personally. IDC if the best 20 kids in the nation skip college hoops. I’ll enjoy Indiana basketball no matter what and it’ll be a slightly more level playing field.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Yeah for my personal taste, that would make NCAA ball infinitely more watchable. I love the programs building off of 3-4 year guys. UNC, (classes blah blah...still fun teams to watch) UVA, Nova, etc. 

#MajorLoopHole

"Under the NCAA's guidelines, shoe companies can fund such summer-league teams, paying for uniforms, shoes, travel and the coach’s salary without jeopardizing the players’ eligibility."

Including Coach's salary? Haha. Lavar Ball says hello. Heck, pretty good situation for the Langfords too if they wish.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

8 hours ago, Str8Hoosiers said:

I am not an NBA fan so I have no idea and am curious....

Aren't all the G League teams associated with an NBA team (similar to minor league baseball)? I know not all NBA teams have a G League team (at least I think I know that) but I thought all G League teams in existence had an NBA team affiliation?

And if my assumptions above are correct how can they jump directly to the G League? Is there a G League Draft? Who would get somebody like this' "rights"?

Thanks for any info anybody can share.

• The G-League team he signs with will own his rights, the NBA team that owns said G-League team will not.

• He cannot be called up by whatever NBA team owns the G-League team, he will be in the G-League the entire year.

• To play/sign with a team in the NBA you have to submit yourself through the (NBA) draft. To submit yourself to the draft, you still have to be 1 year removed from graduation of high school. Since he cannot submit himself through the draft until next year, he can't be called up or sign with a NBA team on a 2 way contract or something of that nature.

• After the year is up, he'll enter next year's draft as usual like any other prospect and go to whatever team drafts him.

#MajorLoopHole

"Under the NCAA's guidelines, shoe companies can fund such summer-league teams, paying for uniforms, shoes, travel and the coach’s salary without jeopardizing the players’ eligibility."

Including Coach's salary? Haha. Lavar Ball says hello. Heck, pretty good situation for the Langfords too if they wish.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

So, under these rules, how does one who makes $44k a year buy a $750k house?

Just trying to imagine how that happens under the rules?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app