Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

1 minute ago, ThompsonHoosier said:

I'd be relatively surprised if Crean doesn't land at Pitt. Fogler Consulting definitely seems to be an advocate of Tom Crean...

Cream would be a huge step up from Stallings. That in itself tells you how bad Stallings is.

Sent from my LG-K371 using BtownBanners mobile app

21 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Would there be any $$$ in a IU/Pitt matchup? I highly doubt we'll see that in the next few years.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Happened in 2014. Archie's also from the Pittsburgh area. Its feasible if our roster stays similar to what it is now. If Romeo comes on board, then we'll play a more glamorous opponent.

I keep seeing stories about what Crean has done during his year away from coaching and how much improved he is as a coach -- and a man. He spent time at the Patriots training camp, where he saw how Bill Belichick commanded the attention of his players. He worked a Kansas game and was impressed with the way Bill Self ran his morning walk-through. He spent time with the Chargers before the draft, and learned how prepared they were and how in-dept they analyzed each prospect. He learned great lessons on time management, and what makes leaders great etc., etc., etc.,  ... That's all fine and good, but those don't necessarily help combat his weakness -- coaching in a game. Those don't help you figure out how counter a 2-3 zone when it takes you out of your offense. Those don't help you figure how to alter your defense when a big man is killing you inside. Those don't help you alter your attack when your guards aren't hitting shots. ... I actually hope he does well at his next landing spot, but I think it will be more of the same -- uneven, inconsistent performances. 

I keep seeing stories about what Crean has done during his year away from coaching and how much improved he is as a coach -- and a man. He spent time at the Patriots training camp, where he saw how Bill Belichick commanded the attention of his players. He worked a Kansas game and was impressed with the way Bill Self ran his morning walk-through. He spent time with the Chargers before the draft, and learned how prepared they were and how in-dept they analyzed each prospect. He learned great lessons on time management, and what makes leaders great etc., etc., etc.,  ... That's all fine and good, but those don't necessarily help combat his weakness -- coaching in a game. Those don't help you figure out how counter a 2-3 zone when it takes you out of your offense. Those don't help you figure how to alter your defense when a big man is killing you inside. Those don't help you alter your attack when your guards aren't hitting shots. ... I actually hope he does well at his next landing spot, but I think it will be more of the same -- uneven, inconsistent performances. 

I heard he also spent time with the Cleveland Browns to learn how they do such a great job with impact player acquisition!

Happened in 2014. Archie's also from the Pittsburgh area. Its feasible if our roster stays similar to what it is now. If Romeo comes on board, then we'll play a more glamorous opponent.
Next yrs class without Romeo guarantees we will have a better roster.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, iufaninillinois said:

Next yrs class without Romeo guarantees we will have a better roster.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I like the rest of our guys too but ESPN will put IU + Romeo at UNC while IU without Romeo will be at a Clemson or Virginia Tech.

It’s hard to re-wire a 45 year old.
Tim Crean has some good qualities as a coach and as a man, but he pretty much is what he is.

51 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

It’s hard to re-wire a 45 year old.
Tim Crean has some good qualities as a coach and as a man, but he pretty much is what he is.

He’s actually 51(!!!)

I had no idea. 

Also disappointed we never got a “DAMN TIM CREAM” on this board.