Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

2 minutes ago, LIHoosier said:

Every team in a conference should play nothing but cupcakes in Nov/Dec so that all your conference wins are quad 1 wins.

Notre Dame was the 1st team out, BS.

Yep what a joke. Bum @$$ future bust Trae Young and Oklahoma in for pure ratings only.

Purdue got a very easy draw.  I think they get to at least the Elite 8.

They’ll choke in the first or second round. Michigan dominated them in the BTT Championship and they limped into the end of the season.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

11 minutes ago, LIHoosier said:

In a giant upset, the 1st team Dookie V complains about not making the tourney is......OKLAHOMA ST!

Damn, I had the Notre Dame/Uof6/USC trifecta.

It baffles me how Notre Dame would’ve been in if not for Davidson stealing the bid. And Oklahoma State not being in is ridiculous. If Oklahoma is in, Oklahoma State should be too

This Atlanta columnist says between Crean and Matta for the Georgia job, he'd take ... Matta. Geez, tough call on that one. 
However, I was puzzled a little by these comments: 

"It took Crean forever to get the Hoosiers hurryin’ again ... "

"My worry with Crean: If you can’t win enough to suit Indiana, one of the few places where basketball is a bigger deal than football, what assurance is there that he’d win enough at a place that reached its one and only Final Four at the expense of Michael Jordan?" 

As to the first comment. I actually thought for all Crean's faults, he did a pretty remarkable job in getting the program up and running again, considering what he had to work with. The problem was after that -- he couldn't sustain the little success he did have, recruit in-state and coach in big games. 

As for the second comment -- I would think that would be the whole point. At Indiana, the expectations are very high -- as they should be. We want to go to the NCAAs every year and compete for national titles. If Crean were to go to Georgia and have the kind of record he did at Indiana, I would think they'd be pretty pleased. ... Heck, they fired Mark Richt because he didn't win enough to suit the football fan base. If Richt wanted to coach football at IU, I certainly wouldn't say no. 

https://www.myajc.com/blog/mark-bradley/georgia-post-fox-choices-thad-matta-tom-crean/q5VipzTSUtKgHQZHss4rDJ/

Alot of talk on the Louisville sports talk radio that Painter and Alford are on the list of coaches they will be contacting about the HC job. Also talk of Chris Mack since his wife is from there. Somehow they believe that they are going to get a big name to come in and rebuild the program even with 4yrs probation and not knowing what the NCAA is going to do about FBI deal. Can't see anyone with a name wanting to come in with more questions to be answered. Personally want to see them have a hard time so I can rag them like their fanbase did ours during our search. I would like them to hire local coach Scotty Davenport from Bellarmine.

Sent from my SM-G930P using BtownBanners mobile app

2 hours ago, LamarCheeks said:

This Atlanta columnist says between Crean and Matta for the Georgia job, he'd take ... Matta. Geez, tough call on that one. 
However, I was puzzled a little by these comments: 

"It took Crean forever to get the Hoosiers hurryin’ again ... "

I agree with them here. It took Crean way too long to get going. There was no excuse to be a last-place team in his third season. Crean isn't capable of adapting to what he's given. It has to be his players, his system, his way.

1 hour ago, TheWatShot said:

I agree with them here. It took Crean way too long to get going. There was no excuse to be a last-place team in his third season. Crean isn't capable of adapting to what he's given. It has to be his players, his system, his way.

I disagree. Arguably, the best 2 players from his 1st year transferred after it, the best player from his 2nd year missed it, and year 3, with injury. maybe not last place, but no good reason to be top 10.

Junior Nick, Junior Malik and Sophomore Mo in year 3 we would have been a lot better.