Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Nebraska lost at Illinois and now that bubble talk can stop for now.
Aloha didn’t I say they would lose this one?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

My point was if Nebraska went 14-4 in the league. Obviously, that won't happen.

They'll have to finish with two wins and make the semi finals. I don't see that happening.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

We still have a shot at a 5th seed apparently if Nebraska loses out and we win out 

Actually a very small chance to finish top 4
Michigan needs to lose both
Nebraska needs to lose both
Penn st needs to win both
IU needs to win both
4 way tie for 4th
Tiebreaker goes to the team with the best record against the other teams tied I believe

Oklahoma getting worked by Kansas...when is ESPN and the so-called experts going to get off the OU bandwagon and realize they just aren't good. Trae Young is good yes, but the bottom line is his team isn't winning and takes 30 shots to get 30 points. This will be their 6th loss in a row and are gonna be 6-9 in conference and 16-11 overall and the "experts" have them as a lock in the field as a 5 seed??? I don't get it.

Oklahoma getting worked by Kansas...when is ESPN and the so-called experts going to get off the OU bandwagon and realize they just aren't good. Trae Young is good yes, but the bottom line is his team isn't winning and takes 30 shots to get 30 points. This will be their 6th loss in a row and are gonna be 6-9 in conference and 16-11 overall and the "experts" have them as a lock in the field as a 5 seed??? I don't get it.

Yeah, they've fallen off the map right before, during, and after that reveal.

That's why I think the "eye test" can be better than the numbers in certain circumstances.

But you can't rely on the eye test, have to use the numbers in today's day and age.

Yeah, they've fallen off the map right before, during, and after that reveal.

That's why I think the "eye test" can be better than the numbers in certain circumstances.

But you can't rely on the eye test, have to use the numbers in today's day and age.

Jay Bilas said it best...the people who are creating these metrics and picking these "seeds" are those who never played a sport in their life and were always picked last in gym class. These decisions aren't made by people who truly know the game.

22 minutes ago, jbell833 said:

Jay Bilas said it best...the people who are creating these metrics and picking these "seeds" are those who never played a sport in their life and were always picked last in gym class. These decisions aren't made by people who truly know the game.

Every time I want to like Bilas, he says crap like this and I remember why he's a d-bag.

Pretty rich also from a guy who quotes hip-hop lyrics every day but never spent a second on the streets.

Every time I want to like Bilas, he says crap like this and I remember why he's a d-bag.
Pretty rich also from a guy who quotes hip-hop lyrics every day but never spent a second on the streets.

Lol. Pretty much sums it up. He's a smart guy. Very smart. I agree with many of his points, but he is certainly egotistical and a "D-bag" too.

Lol. Pretty much sums it up. He's a smart guy. Very smart. I agree with many of his points, but he is certainly egotistical and a "D-bag" too.

You can hate him and everyone knows he's a tool but he's not wrong...these "metrics" and "quadrants" created by these people are ridiculous. And because of this system, Auburn, Clemson, Cincinnati, and Texas Tech are all better than Michigan State?? If you put MSU vs any of those schools, who are you picking?? MSU because we watch basketball and know they're better. Upsets happen but MSU IS better than those teams hands down...in both talent and coaching...Auburn had more quadrant 2 wins so they're clearly better!!! Joke.

Said this pretty sure about 5 games into the season

You can hate him and everyone knows he's a tool but he's not wrong...these "metrics" and "quadrants" created by these people are ridiculous. And because of this system, Auburn, Clemson, Cincinnati, and Texas Tech are all better than Michigan State?? If you put MSU vs any of those schools, who are you picking?? MSU because we watch basketball and know they're better. Upsets happen but MSU IS better than those teams hands down...in both talent and coaching...Auburn had more quadrant 2 wins so they're clearly better!!! Joke.

Joke isn’t even the word for it. Cincinnati might be the only out of that bunch that would give MSU fits and that’s only bc of their defense. But I still say MSU bc Cincinnati struggles to score for long stretches consistently