Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Or just has always had that competitive nature that rubs people the wrong way from time to time. Now I don't necessarily have a Psych degree but whatever is could be explained in many ways.

Ha I have known a lot of competitive people in my life in many sports or walk of life. None of them intentionally tripped people. When they acted out they learned from their punishment.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Ha I have known a lot of competitive people in my life in many sports or walk of life. None of them intentionally tripped people. When they acted out they learned from their punishment.

Yeah and coach thought a one game suspension would do not exactly. You can apologize all you want in an interview with Jeff Goodman and still not understand that actions speak louder than words. It's like the song that never ends. 

Villanova holds on.
Side note I’ve watched a lot of college basketball over the years and this years Fox’s In studio and most of their commentators might be the worse I’ve seen. Hopefully they address that moving forward. Gus and Raft are awesome but for the most part they are bad

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

2 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

Villanova holds on.
Side note I’ve watched a lot of college basketball over the years and this years Fox’s In studio and most of their commentators might be the worse I’ve seen. Hopefully they address that moving forward. Gus and Raft are awesome but for the most part they are bad

They've resorted to using Bardo on several occasions. That's all you need to know.

3 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

Villanova holds on.

One of the games we had on FS1 recently they kept mixing up Newkirk and McSwain. Kinda silly for professional broadcasters. 

LSU head coach Will Wade announced Monday that freshmen Galen Alexander and Mayan Kiir have been placed on a “leave of absence.” Alexander is expected to transfer.

“Galen will take a leave of absence from our team for the rest of the season and look for other places at the end of the season to move his life in a positive direction,” Wade said, according to SECCountry.com

Also, Wayde Sims and Brandon Rachal have been suspended from the team’s matchup at No. 18 Tennessee on Wednesday. “They made a mistake that young people make,” Wade said. “I think they both regret it, though I don’t want to put words in their mouth… it’s difficult as a coach. It’s not a lot of fun to have those meetings, but it’s something you’ve got to do to maintain a culture and a level of discipline within your program.

”Sims is averaging 5.7 points and 3.0 rebounds while Rachal averaging 4.3 points and 2.7 rebounds.

Nebraska up 2 at Wisky with 4 min to go. Nebraska looks the part of a tourney team but unfortunately for them they don’t have the resume wins for it and with a unbalanced B1G schedule they don’t have any more opportunities for quality quadrant 1 wins.

Wiscy is so broken right now and look nothing like a normal Wisconsin team of the last 20 years. Everything Wisconsin is built on of strong free throw shooting, good discipline, frustrating slow pace and tough D is gone this year. Gard did a great job baby sitting Bo Ryan's players for a couple years but now everything Bo installed is gone. Gard has a lot to prove. Still to early to tell if this is an aberration like MSU football last year or the beginning of a downfall for Gard much like IU had with Mike Davis after he won with Knight's guys for a couple years. Nebraska is playing well but they still are not great having been blown out by a winless in conference St. John's team and also a pretty bad loss to a mediocre UCF team. The fact that this Nebraska team is thriving right now shows how weak the Big Ten is this year outside of OSU, MSU, PU and Michigan. The other 10 teams are all pretty bad and its just a question of who is the least bad of those 10.

I didn't realize this: we don't have one active player with an Assist Rate higher than his Turnover Rate. (De'Ron Davis did, slightly.)

In fact, the last player to do so was Yogi in 2016 -- he did it all 4 years.

Last non-Yogi player was @JordanHulls1 in '13.

Wow. #iub@assemblycall

Never understood the response from people about this. Why has he been vilified for sticking a leg out? Would he be viewed the same if it was an arm? Seriously, players grab jerseys, slap at players arms etc hundreds of times a season but stick out a leg and woah, watch out

Wiscy is so broken right now and look nothing like a normal Wisconsin team of the last 20 years. Everything Wisconsin is built on of strong free throw shooting, good discipline, frustrating slow pace and tough D is gone this year. Gard did a great job baby sitting Bo Ryan's players for a couple years but now everything Bo installed is gone. Gard has a lot to prove. Still to early to tell if this is an aberration like MSU football last year or the beginning of a downfall for Gard much like IU had with Mike Davis after he won with Knight's guys for a couple years. Nebraska is playing well but they still are not great having been blown out by a winless in conference St. John's team and also a pretty bad loss to a mediocre UCF team. The fact that this Nebraska team is thriving right now shows how weak the Big Ten is this year outside of OSU, MSU, PU and Michigan. The other 10 teams are all pretty bad and its just a question of who is the least bad of those 10.

Also depends on who the other 10 play in an unbalanced schedule. Nebraska only plays mich, mich st, Ohio st, and Purdue once and they went 1-3. Their record will look great but they didn’t get enough chances or take advantage in the limited games against the top teams to build their resume. At least IU had chances against the top of the B1G to try and build resume (they had 6 chances in league for a quadrant 1 wins. (0-2 so far) with 4 more chances.

58 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

Never understood the response from people about this. Why has he been vilified for sticking a leg out? Would he be viewed the same if it was an arm? Seriously, players grab jerseys, slap at players arms etc hundreds of times a season but stick out a leg and woah, watch out

Nobody vilifies Allen because he tripped a guy. He's a serial tripper AKA a punk. My opinion.

1 hour ago, MikeRoberts said:

i hope you intended to be sarcastic,but in case you were serious, reaching out with an arm can be done for a number of reasons, most of which are legitimate parts of the game. tripping, or kicking an opposing player in the nuts are done solely with the intent to cause physical harm.Pretty simple concept...for most of us, anyway.

LSU head coach Will Wade announced Monday that freshmen Galen Alexander and Mayan Kiir have been placed on a “leave of absence.” Alexander is expected to transfer.
“Galen will take a leave of absence from our team for the rest of the season and look for other places at the end of the season to move his life in a positive direction,” Wade said, according to SECCountry.com
Also, Wayde Sims and Brandon Rachal have been suspended from the team’s matchup at No. 18 Tennessee on Wednesday. “They made a mistake that young people make,” Wade said. “I think they both regret it, though I don’t want to put words in their mouth… it’s difficult as a coach. It’s not a lot of fun to have those meetings, but it’s something you’ve got to do to maintain a culture and a level of discipline within your program.
”Sims is averaging 5.7 points and 3.0 rebounds while Rachal averaging 4.3 points and 2.7 rebounds.
On Friday, the day that OTL's report on Michigan State's problems with sexual assault in athletics, LSU accepted a commitment from a top 20 recruit accused of rape in October. If he enrolls, he'll be the second player on their roster accused of rape.
Rob Dauster